beau02
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi I thinking about getting an iPad or Chromebook for college but im not sure which one to get? Im gonna be using it for notes.

I like being able to use the apple pencil for the iPad to write notes and having the option of using a bluetooth keyboard too but the Chromebook is much cheaper so idk?

Thanks 👍🏽
username4167452
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ipad has more features but chromebook is a laptop (albeit not a 'proper' one) so note taking is easier, unless you opt for an ipad with a keyboard which is costly and not worth it. Get the chromebook OP provided you have a main PC
(Original post by beau02)
Hi I thinking about getting an iPad or Chromebook for college but im not sure which one to get? Im gonna be using it for notes.

I like being able to use the apple pencil for the iPad to write notes and having the option of using a bluetooth keyboard too but the Chromebook is much cheaper so idk?

Thanks 👍🏽
beau02
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shalommmmmmmm)
ipad has more features but chromebook is a laptop (albeit not a 'proper' one) so note taking is easier, unless you opt for an ipad with a keyboard which is costly and not worth it. Get the chromebook OP provided you have a main PC
I've found bluetooth keyboards for the iPad on amazon which have good reviews and are affordable at around £20, but the iPad keyboard and pencil together are like £400 so that's why im considering the Chromebook, as well as the Chromebook being a bit more durable but the integration on the ipad with my other apple products is tempting?
username4167452
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by beau02)
I've found bluetooth keyboards for the iPad on amazon which have good reviews and are affordable at around £20, but the iPad keyboard and pencil together are like £400 so that's why im considering the Chromebook, as well as the Chromebook being a bit more durable but the integration on the ipad with my other apple products is tempting?
believe me ipad is not meant for note taking I tried it during GCSEs and it was horrendous. Laptops are always better because of no input lag (can happen with bluetooth) as well as the pleasing tactile sound of a laptop's keyboard
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
An iPad mini was the best purchase I made for uni. I bought a cheap wireless keyboard to use with it although I ended up barely using it!
Claire461
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I used my IPad for seminars - looking up stuff but my chrome for lectures and note taking.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A notepad is still the best thing for taking notes in class. Buy nothing now, start with pen and paper, and if you find yourself wanting a new method for taking notes down after a few weeks then you can buy whichever option feels like it makes the most sense to you.
beau02
Rep:
?
I own a Macbook Pro but it's 6 years old and heavy lol so not ideal.

My course requires a lot of writing which I wouldn't manage to do just by pen and paper 😕 My college allows byod for my course so it's not a problem me using a computer. I'll probably just get a Chromebook as its cheaper and more durable than the iPad but i'm still unsure haha.

By the way this is the Chromebook I am considering
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/8152675
and iPad
https://www.apple.com/uk/ipad-9.7/

I'm using a discount for the iPad by the way so it would be £287.

Thank for the advice tho
melliottme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Seamus123)
I used my IPad for seminars - looking up stuff but my chrome for lectures and note taking.
I am looking at chromebooks at the moment and my head hurts.

What is the problem with using it in seminars? I have never used achromebook so dont fully understand the limitations.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (54)
16.98%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.62%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (119)
37.42%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (43)
13.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.46%

Watched Threads