The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

I failed 2 modules in my first year?!

I'm in my first year of uni and I know that I've failed 2 of my modules. In total I took 6 modules which are each 20 credits and I need 100 credits to go to my 2nd year.

Well I have a strong feeling that I've failed 2 modules so I've only got 80 credits at the moment. I would've sat the resits but for one exam I was abroad attending a funeral so I could not sit it.

Would I be able to progress to my second year and just retake those 2 modules and if not is there any way that I can somehow make up for it so I can still progress to my 2nd year?
It would depend on your specific university’s policy and their board. You should ring up administration and ask, or maybe you could apply for extenuating circumstances - either for missing the resit exam because of the funeral, or for poorer grades than usual due to the death of whoever it was?
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Hi there,

You would need to speak with your relevant Faculty Registry office to discuss this:

https://www.westminster.ac.uk/study/current-students/your-studies/faculty-registry-offices

Thanks

Course Enquiries team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending