I'm fat Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
So I'm a 15 year old girl and I'm fat. I'm not saying that as some skinny insecure girl, I am genuinely over weight. My whole life, my weight has been an issue even when I was a healthy weight but I'm sick of it and it's not healthy so I have decided to lose weight. I am starting to eat healthier and I am about to join the gym. I'm a bit nervous because people from my school are going to be there and I know it's going to be very hard to diet but I have to do this for myself and my health. Anyone have any advice because I really need some!
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I'm a 15 year old girl and I'm fat. I'm not saying that as some skinny insecure girl, I am genuinely over weight. My whole life, my weight has been an issue even when I was a healthy weight but I'm sick of it and it's not healthy so I have decided to lose weight. I am starting to eat healthier and I am about to join the gym. I'm a bit nervous because people from my school are going to be there and I know it's going to be very hard to diet but I have to do this for myself and my health. Anyone have any advice because I really need some!
Control your diet and go to the gym. Dont worry about what your school mates think, there is a high chance that you will not see them again after school. However, if you dont work on yourself, you may still be fat after school.
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
Control your diet and go to the gym. Dont worry about what your school mates think, there is a high chance that you will not see them again after school. However, if you dont work on yourself, you may still be fat after school.
This^

If you don’t like being fat you can change that. Don’t let what others say/think get to you.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Just going to send some encouragement your way. I think it's great that you've decided to do what's best for you and your health and I hope you get your weight to where you want it to be.
Just remember not to overdo it - being underweight has its health issues too. Eat well, exercise well and good luck!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
goggleyed
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
find another gym to go to?
JustSomeoneAlone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Listen to music while in the gym. This should help you forget about everyone else around you.
MKaur18
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hey. Well done on starting to make a change. If your worried about your mates being there, then maybe try another gym. But, you’ll probs never see them again in your life once they’ve finished school. Your one step closer to changing your body. You can do this! Work hard and play hard!

Who cares what people think? If they want to chat crap, then they aren’t really ‘mates’. You do you! Just eat well and work out 🌸 but remember not to over do it.
mediocremess
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
People can give you all the advice on dieting and exercising which is great, and i wish you luck on your journey! However, the most important thing is to lose weight HEALTHILY, don't go on a diet that just cuts out significant and necessary food groups because that's just unhealthy, don't eat less than one portion of something too often, and just generally try to maintain healthiness rather than cutting everything out!
As for the other people, it is difficult not to worry about them, i think that is something you can also get lots of advice on but you must work on yourself. If you see people in the gym they might even be supportive of you so try not to go into it too negatively minded!
besmik
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hey. I lived through that too. Losing weight may be very frustrating and I am not talking about the process of losing weight... Going to the gym sometimes feels as though you are constantly getting humiliated in front of people with very developed bodies and confidence. I generally consider myself as a confident person but in that kind of environment you may feel a bit odd. But if you survive through the first few weeks with good music and motivation you will certainly going to lose weight. My advice is: dont see losing weight as something extra, see it as a necessity. Trust me you will need a good body in your uni and high school years and also get a diet and combine it with sports. Eating less is always better than trying to burn the fat. Go to the gym early in the morning before eating your breakfast and get your heart rate high perhaps over 150 depending on your weight and height you can calculate your ideal heart rate. Go to youtube and watch some beneficial advice. Hope you lose weight soon
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
great decision ! now is the time to change your life for the better. you will feel the difference within a week.
HomeworkHater
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
If you’re really unhappy with yourself, take the time to eat healthier foods and exercise outside of school. As you said you are eating better, try increasing your fruit and veg by substituting for crisps and chocolate. That being said, you are still able to enjoy those foods but maybe as a treat at the weekend?
But most importantly remember to love yourself, dont let anybody else tell you anything different and dont use this as a way to just lose weight.
With food, don’t get strung up on calories and NEVER starve yourself. You’re going to need the energy to work out.
You’re happiness is most important so please don’t expect to lose 5 pounds every time you work out. Persistency and perseverance is key.
If you arent a fan of the gym, take up a sport like tennis swimming or badminton. Or try running
GlockInmyRari
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
You're school mates won't be bothering you. Don't worry about that.
SophieSmall
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hey my biggest piece of advice is don't take it as an all or nothing approach, or put too much pressure on yourself at once. I think that is what most people trying to lose weight struggle with/ do wrong.

If you mess up one day, just accept it and move on. And continue from there.
julieswan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
You shouldn't say that!
SophieSmall
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by julieswan)
You shouldn't say that!
Why?
Archurus23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Just keep trying. It’s kinda like school. You may have a few weak moments but it’ll be worth it when it’s over
HenryHVR200
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I'm a guy and a go to the gym a lot with the mates. From my own experience, none of us would ever make fun of someone trying to work on themselves - especially a 15 year old. You're still a kid - your weight issue hasn't been your fault. You might just have a bad metabolism or your parents aren't giving you a proper diet. It's like blaming an 8 year old for not brushing their teeth when they haven't been taught to - they don't understand the consequences of that and their parents NEED to let them know. Only thing I can say is make sure you stick to it and think about how much you will benefit from it in the long run. Also, DO NOT push yourself too hard as you're young and your bones are still developing. You do too much and you can have dire consequences so stay away from any weights and just stick to cardio and less dangerous stuff (running machine/skipping ropes/sit-ups/pull-ups/push-ups) for now. In fact, gym should just be there as motivation as at your age all of this can be done at home and at the park.
xFFDPx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
It’s possible to lose weight without going to the gym. When I first started trying to lose weight, I did exercise videos off YouTube for half an hour/forty minutes (I didn’t want to go to the gym as I didn’t want to see anyone I knew) & I’ve started going for a run early on a morning (as I want to avoid seeing people I know) and I’ve lost about 3 stone & still continuing to lose weight from doing this.
It might be good to consider doing exercises at home before spending money at the gym as it can be just as effective
It’ll be difficult but just stick at it & work hard, you’ll get the results you deserve!😁
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (155)
18.83%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (81)
9.84%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (140)
17.01%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (116)
14.09%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.6%
How can I be the best version of myself? (252)
30.62%

Watched Threads