It's so hot! Is it climate change?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Been reading a lot recently about people stating that this is climate change and lots of people against, but seeing as we have had heatwaves like this before is it true that this is being caused by it?
Shadowdraconis
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Been reading a lot recently about people stating that this is climate change and lots of people against, but seeing as we have had heatwaves like this before is it true that this is being caused by it?
It's more extreme as a result of climate change.
We used to have heatwaves for like a week at a time but it's worse now and has lasted longer. Entire weather patterns have changed and the weather in general has become more extreme than it used to be.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's a rare meteorological phenomenon known as 'summer'.
Shadowdraconis
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Drewski)
It's a rare meteorological phenomenon known as 'summer'.
And that too of course lmao 😂
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
or it could just be because im so hot i raised the temp
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I feel like it is global warming, more extreme weather, even in california your looking at records of 40 plus celsius. And the bar for california records is already pretty high. Last summer was also a scorcher in the UK.
GlockInmyRari
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't know whether you can assign this weather to global warming. Same for the warmer winters. It seems too sudden. A couple of years ago summers and winters were still 'normal', and global warming has been going on for decades. I'd expect it to change more gradually.
MKaur18
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes. Warmer weather is probably due to climate change, as we have also been experiencing warmer winters. Heatwaves never really lasted as long as this. Plus, england weather is never really this good to be true, so yes climate change is a contributing factor.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by GlockInmyRari)
I don't know whether you can assign this weather to global warming. Same for the warmer winters. It seems too sudden. A couple of years ago summers and winters were still 'normal', and global warming has been going on for decades. I'd expect it to change more gradually.
Thats like saying well if someone gets heart disease at 40 and they arent dead at 41 but die at 55 they didnt die because of heart disease lol.
itsamansworld
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think it is climate change, sea levels are rising and icebergs are melting
Cookie_Master
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Enjoy the hot weather while it lasts! More please.
GlockInmyRari
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
Thats like saying well if someone gets heart disease at 40 and they arent dead at 41 but die at 55 they didnt die because of heart disease lol.
Lol no. It's like saying: if you're training push ups, the number of push ups you can do increases gradually over time. You won't go from 20 to 60 over night.

More importantly it's like saying: if you have heart disease and you feel pain in your fingers, that doesn't mean that the pain in your fingers is caused by the heart disease.

Global warming happens slowly and gradually. It's not something that suddenly happens like a heart attack.
peopleunited
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't you mean 'Man-Made Global Warming'?
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago
The current heatwave is just weather.

The general trend towards warmer conditions is climate change.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by GlockInmyRari)
Lol no. It's like saying: if you're training push ups, the number of push ups you can do increases gradually over time. You won't go from 20 to 60 over night.

More importantly it's like saying: if you have heart disease and you feel pain in your fingers, that doesn't mean that the pain in your fingers is caused by the heart disease.

Global warming happens slowly and gradually. It's not something that suddenly happens like a heart attack.
no but just because you have heart disease doesnt mean you cant suddenly die from a heart attack,

just like the ecosystem can be damaged and slowly protection starts to break down and the weather effects are felt suddenly.

im on the right side of this lol. Maybe something as drastic as ocean levels rising isnt yet apparent but obvious warning shots are increased heat in areas where there has traditionally been less heat in summer for over 100's years of history/whatever it is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (87)
13.92%
I'm not sure (30)
4.8%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (198)
31.68%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.08%
I'm not a current university student (297)
47.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed