NTU Rising in ranks Watch

TiltMarshmallow
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,

I've been seeing that NTU has risen in mostly all ranking institutions such as THE, Complete and The Guardian which has ranked it at 16th place, one above Uni of Nottingham which is unprecedented. I am also wondering whether ranking is important and do you think that it should be ranked so high, even to the extent of outperforming Uni of Notts.
Nottingham Trent University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TiltMarshmallow)
Hello,

I've been seeing that NTU has risen in mostly all ranking institutions such as THE, Complete and The Guardian which has ranked it at 16th place, one above Uni of Nottingham which is unprecedented. I am also wondering whether ranking is important and do you think that it should be ranked so high, even to the extent of outperforming Uni of Notts.
Hi TiltMarshmallow

The league table rankings is a lengthy debate and i'm sure everyone has a different opinion!

Each table ranks universities on different aspects of university life from the academic side to student satisfaction. As you've pointed out, NTU has risen in all league tables that have been released so far, and also been awarded TEF gold, Modern university of the year and of course University of the year. This has shown that NTU is constantly improving in all aspects of university life.

When I was looking at universities to apply to, I used league tables as a first point of research. This was mainly because I wanted to see what sort of institutions I could get in to with the grades that I was predicted. I then had a look at where those institutions stood in terms of the subject area.

After that, it really is all about going to open days and getting a feel for the university.

That is of course my opinion - I'm sure others will differ

Chris - NTU rep
DoritoEvie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TiltMarshmallow)
Hello,

Personally, I think NTU is a brilliant institution. They offer a lot of different courses and attempt to satisfy everyone's needs. There is always someone to talk to. The teachers are great and students are very satisfied.
I do believe that NTU definitely deserves it; I can't say whether it deserves a better ranking than UoN because I don't know much about it, but I think that NTU definitely deserves to be up there. They work hard for it and it clearly pays off.

Overall, when I was looking for universities, I looked at the ranking for my specific course, and NTU was up there. So obviously it became one of my main choices. Now that it is in the top 20 universities, I couldn't be happier, because I know that I chose a great institution to do my studies at. I feel that it is very underrated and mocked often, but it is great for a lot of reasons. Definitely worth a look at it at an open day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 30 Jan '20

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.54%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (69)
15.44%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (84)
18.79%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (180)
40.27%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.7%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.26%