The Student Room Group

The first time I heard the English accent.

The first time I heard the English accent was when I was a little baby girl practically. I was so into if you wanna be my lova you gotta get with my friends” by spice girls!!!!! ( best thing that came out of England nothing can top that till this day) And then I heard them on the radio doing an interview and I was taken back, they didn’t sound like how they did in their song when they spoke.
And that’s how I learned that accents even existed xoxoxoxoxo

Scroll to see replies

Uhh...
Original post by xobeauty
The first time I heard the English accent was when I was a little baby girl practically. I was so into if you wanna be my lova you gotta get with my friends” by spice girls!!!!! ( best thing that came out of England nothing can top that till this day) And then I heard them on the radio doing an interview and I was taken back, they didn’t sound like how they did in their song when they spoke.
And that’s how I learned that accents even existed xoxoxoxoxo

Odd ... just so you know. I’m told I have a posh British accent
Original post by Pantera Fan Club
Uhh...

So you were born knowing that different accents existed mmk.
The **** did I just smoke.
So you were born knowing that different accents existed mmk.

I guess living with Australians next door for two years, Americans five doors the other way for five years, South Africans seven doors back the other way down for five years, and Australians again for two years had something to do with it.
I think singing voices and talking voices do sound different ... like Adele talks like the artful dodger and sings like an angel :laugh:
Reply 7
Noice.
where are you from? and did you like the accents or did they sound weird?
Cool story bro.
Original post by itsamansworld
where are you from? and did you like the accents or did they sound weird?

Toronto!! I thought they sounded weird I remember being confused.
Original post by Pantera Fan Club
I guess living with Australians next door for two years, Americans five doors the other way for five years, South Africans seven doors back the other way down for five years, and Australians again for two years had something to do with it.

Pffffff Australians are hardly a shocker. When you heard the Americans tho???
Original post by TheDepressedOne
Cool story bro.

Thanks sis
Pffffff Australians are hardly a shocker. When you heard the Americans tho???

They had the most terrifying Halloween decorations you could imagine, I was convinced their dummy was an actual corpse.
Am I high?
Toronto!! I thought they sounded weird I remember being confused.

aww cute, mel b (frizzy haired one) has a particularly unpleasant accent even for us in england.
Original post by Notoriety
The **** did I just smoke.

Original post by TrelaiBoy
Am I high?

Let’s be honest here you guys don’t even know how to work a lighter

That's why I get your mum to do it for me.

Good one, although smoking isn't the only way to get high and I do know how to snort
Original post by Notoriety
That's why I get your mum to do it for me.

Lmfao I rolled . Mom comebacks never get old because they are so stupiee but goodie

Quick Reply

Latest