jen_04
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
i have a few ideas for what i'd like to do at uni first choice being english literature and second being astronomy. university wont be for some time yet, i'm wondering if it would require me to have done btec science or something like that before, it doesn't directly say on the website unless i have missed it? or would i be ok to apply without studying anything science related beforehand? i know it seems weird to study media at btec then go onto astronomy at uni, i'm still not 100% sure and that's why i'm doing media now at sixth form because it's easier while it's free, then i can choose something i really have an interest in or am wanting to study something different for university.
TSR_Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
jen_04
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by TSR_Ollie)
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
thank you! i'm also curious about astrophysics, i'm just wanting to know if i need to have done some kind of studies in this area at high school gcse level? i never got a chance to properly sit the gcse's at that level and now i'm kind of regretting it but it's not partially my fault at all. i do have chances of doing A level but i have to pay because of my age, that being 1k for each year. its just sucks :/ so if anyone knows whether i need to do A level physics to study an astronomy course of any kind please let me know asap!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (170)
14.58%
I'm not sure (54)
4.63%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (343)
29.42%
I have already dropped out (35)
3%
I'm not a current university student (564)
48.37%

Watched Threads