The Student Room Group

Finally the Purge (Brexit) Has begun

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Realitysreflexx
The global standard of living has risen since 1950 x100, as britain is one of the most developed countries in the world and had its greatest economic expansion between 1950-1965 known the golden era....the national debt was sky high but as you now know national debt is the new normal and that debt was used for modernization not wasted on corruption or the like, as you see with undeveloped nations and massive debt.

Find me a chart with global GDP per capita adjusted for inflation showing a x100 increase since 1950.

It's more like x6

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
Find me a chart with global GDP per capita adjusted for inflation showing a x100 increase since 1950.

It's more like x6

Posted from TSR Mobile

Inflation adjusted, but the products and services you can get in comparison are 100x higher quality and better. Technology and its rapid expansion is the big difference.
same side.jpg
What baffles me, and i guess it is strategic but, obviously the PM has moved towards remain thinking, why keep plugging in leaver ministers, why not pick less famous but like minded ministers?

She still wants to go through with Brexit despite this shift to appeal to the 51%, and a U-turn on Brexit from the Tories would be disastrous and would probably result in the PM resigning and the party being thrown into disarray. Corbyn is being very vague and is yet to offer some alternative or even a view on Brexit, and the Lib Dems are insignificant at this point.
(edited 5 years ago)
PM should go, remainders lost and voters like me are being shafted.
Reply 25
Inflation adjusted, but the products and services you can get in comparison are 100x higher quality and better. Technology and its rapid expansion is the big difference.

Standard of living isn't measured by iPhones. A key measure is GDP per capita - I thought you studied economics?
Original post by random_matt
PM should go, remainders lost and voters like me are being shafted.

Just because you checked a box, doesnt mean you can guide a nation without understanding all the variables.

This is why sometimes referendums dont make sense, and a referendum on such a complex issue should have never been held. You didnt make the right decision, and i feel sorry for you, that you were given the illusion you could have made the right decision.

The simple things you were voting for arent possible in todays world. My condolences. Britain is interdependant economically.
Standard of living isn't measured by iPhones. A key measure is GDP per capita - I thought you studied economics?

GDP per capita is often explained to be a completely fallable measure, that overall quality of life and goods avialable play a larger role, such as political freedom etc. Pick up an economics book its all in there.
Just because you checked a box, doesnt mean you can guide a nation without understanding all the variables.

This is why sometimes referendums dont make sense, and a referendum on such a complex issue should have never been held. You didnt make the right decision, and i feel sorry for you, that you were given the illusion you could have made the right decision.

The simple things you were voting for arent possible in todays world. My condolences. Britain is interdependant economically.

Sorry, I cannot take opinions of a foreign national seriously.
Reply 29
GDP per capita is often explained to be a completely fallable measure, that overall quality of life and goods avialable play a larger role, such as political freedom etc. Pick up an economics book its all in there.

Still waiting for that chart or at least a source: "The global standard of living has risen since 1950 x100"
Original post by random_matt
Sorry, I cannot take opinions of a foreign national seriously.

Very leave statement, sorry it hasnt worked out for you.
i expect Boris has a cunning plan

:wizard:
Still waiting for that chart or at least a source: "The global standard of living has risen since 1950 x100"

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/world-gdp-over-the-last-two-millennia
Original post by the bear
i expect Boris has a cunning plan

:wizard:

boris and his shadow.jpg
Original post by Axiomasher
boris and his shadow.jpg

Dead. 😂😂😂 caught boris being a d i c k lol.
Chris Green MP has just resigned - another one bites the dust
So has Conor Burns. Not that I had heard of them.

The Monster Raving Loony Party could not make this up!
Original post by that_guy874
Chris Green MP has just resigned - another one bites the dust

Who?
Original post by AlwaysConcerned
The other 48% should not however be ignored

Why not? They sure as hell would have been had the vote gone 52:48 in favor or remain.
Who?

The Bolton West MP is sad that "brexit is not brexit" anymore

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending