Aezelmint
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi can anybody help me i want to enrol IGCSE science do you think i will just buy a book and self study and register as private candidate?Anybody who got a background and give me advise please.Thanks
username3257996
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Aezelmint)
Hi can anybody help me i want to enrol IGCSE science do you think i will just buy a book and self study and register as private candidate?Anybody who got a background and give me advise please.Thanks
it's better to not go for self studying since it's the beginning of an important academic chapter of your life and since you plan on doing sciences, you'll really have to do well as it will also affect your ability to understand the further concepts in A Levels so just study under well experienced teacher(s)
Aezelmint
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks for the reply i cant go to college as i work full time i have a background of sciences finished a degree of pharm in my country i just need to do this igcse science because always a barrier in my goal ,my degree back home is equivalent to nvq5 here in uk assesed by Naric we didnt have a gcse in my country during my time we can go straight to university as long we meet the general
average ,Mainly i need a igcse prepare my self to apply for the post that i always want to be.Which is better to take Chemistry or biology Thanks
Muserock
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did the IGCSE this year (self taught) in Biology. I have previously done distance learning courses as well as currently doing the final year of my degree through distance learning so I am used to working independently. If you have the determination and motivation, you can do it. Like you, College wasn’t an option for me so it is definitely doable (although I don’t have my result yet so I may change my mind on this depending on my result).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion ā€“ Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.23%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.35%
Not great so far... (251)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.66%

Watched Threads