Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khilsten)
    Hello everyone! I have applied to the University of Groningen Medicine course and I’m very nervous about the selection day.. is there anyone who participated in previous years ?
    Thankfully an open thread! The stundet room closed mine so we can talk here! Khilsten I have also applied and I am a bit nervous also! Which LC are you going to choose and apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Hey khilsten👋🏼 I’m super nervous too.. unfortunately I can’t help you with any experience though..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michailko)
    Yes it is true! I would like to join the Molecular Medicine learning community as I am more into research... what is your favorite lc? Yes greece has also very ancient system not only for the selcetion but also in the university, not to mention the limitted working opportunities available here. Umcg is also a pretty decent hospital!
    Hey, so first of, I can still see the thread! It is not closed, Idk.. So I had a really tough time deciding on th lc, but in the end I think I’m going with global health. But mc is super interesting to! Do you have any defiencies btw? I still have to take a Physiks exam... yuck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmia)
    Hey, so first of, I can still see the thread! It is not closed, Idk.. So I had a really tough time deciding on th lc, but in the end I think I’m going with global health. But mc is super interesting to! Do you have any defiencies btw? I still have to take a Physiks exam... yuck
    Yes the thread has moved here, no I have no deficiencies but they still need a paper from my school with the courses I am going to complete by the end of the year... And I also need a certificate in english that is “recognisable” from the admissions office, because I have the proficiency in english of michigan university (ECPE) and they recognise IELTS, Cambridge degrees etc. But I think they are not very strict about it and I can send this certificate until the 20th of August... so what degree in english have you submitted in your application? Yes GH is interesting but I think through MM you can have some early experiences in research and molecular biology that I find very intriguing... I can’t wait to receive the articles that we will be examined to in biology! What about you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bianca02)
    Hello guys, I'm thinking of applying for the Bachelor's degree in Medicine in Groningen as an international student and I am not sure about how I should prepare for the selection procedure. Like are there any books I can buy to prepare for the test given that day? Should I read any specific materials? Do they provide us with the materials we have to learn? I'd really appreciate it if you could help me with some answers. Also if you applied and know how the selection procedure works, please tell me about it. Thank you.
    Dear Bianca,
    Yes they will provide you with everything you need to know so you have to study this material a lot. It has to do wtih biology mostly and partially medicine. I think you must have some general knowledge of the biological fields earned through school. Apart from school I studied through some books called advanced biology because I am greek and I would like to familiarise myself with the terminologies... although all you need to know is provided to you bia email, you can have a look to their YouTube channel they upload some helpful videos and you can also email them with your questions they are going to help you with any issue you face!
    Kind regards,
    Michail

ReputationRep:
    Yes the thread has moved here, no I have no deficiencies but they still need a paper from my school with the courses I am going to complete by the end of the year... And I also need a certificate in english that is “recognisable” from the admissions office, because I have the proficiency in english of michigan university (ECPE) and they recognise IELTS, Cambridge degrees etc. But I think they are not very strict about it and I can send this certificate until the 20th of August... so what degree in english have you submitted in your application? Yes GH is interesting but I think through MM you can have some early experiences in research and molecular biology that I find very intriguing... I can’t wait to receive the articles that we will be examined to in biology! What about you
    Oh good for you! I envy you for not having to take another test in case of getting in. And you should defenetly ask about your English certificate, maybe they’ll make an exception. I would still have to take an official proficiency test in English anyway, but since I grew up bilingual in English and German I don’t really worry about that. I sure do about the physics examination 😅
    Yeah I can defenetly relate to your passion about research and molecular biology, I share that as well. But I figured, that global health in its form is really rare as a medical program and also includes a lot of aspects that are relevant to healthcare that might get left out otherwise.. As I said, tough decision haha. I’m really excited for the learning materials as well, I still have to get familiar with the biological terminology in English though

ReputationRep:
    I think I’m going to choose Molecular Science... what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Oh good for you! I envy you for not having to take another test in case of getting in. And you should defenetly ask about your English certificate, maybe they’ll make an exception. I would still have to take an official proficiency test in English anyway, but since I grew up bilingual in English and German I don’t really worry about that. I sure do about the physics examination 😅
    Yeah I can defenetly relate to your passion about research and molecular biology, I share that as well. But I figured, that global health in its form is really rare as a medical program and also includes a lot of aspects that are relevant to healthcare that might get left out otherwise.. As I said, tough decision haha. I’m really excited for the learning materials as well, I still have to get familiar with the biological terminology in English though
    Yes I definitely understand your point... I also adore GH as I find it great that one is given the chance to study other subjects as well (Finance, Social Sciences etc.) while studying medicine! Although, I think MM is 100% connected with my expectations. Yes it is oxymoron that they don't accept my certificate in English... As it pertains to the terminology you can familiarise yourself through youtube videos from channles like: Osmosis, Khan Academy and other professional channels. I personaly visit those channels daily and have downloaded apps like Flipboard that provide you with medical/biological news and developments!
    I hope that I've helped you!!

ReputationRep:
    I think I’m going to choose Molecular Science... what about you?
    me too!! it is exceptional...

ReputationRep:
    Yes I definitely understand your point... I also adore GH as I find it great that one is given the chance to study other subjects as well (Finance, Social Sciences etc.) while studying medicine! Although, I think MM is 100% connected with my expectations. Yes it is oxymoron that they don't accept my certificate in English... As it pertains to the terminology you can familiarise yourself through youtube videos from channles like: Osmosis, Khan Academy and other professional channels. I personaly visit those channels daily and have downloaded apps like Flipboard that provide you with medical/biological news and developments!
    I hope that I've helped you!!
    Well I'm sure we're going to end up happy no matter which lc we choose once we get in - Their whole program is just great
    Thanks a lot for your reccommondations regarding the youtube channels and apps! I`ll give them a look tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm sure we're going to end up happy no matter which lc we choose once we get in - Their whole program is just great
    Thanks a lot for your reccommondations regarding the youtube channels and apps! I`ll give them a look tomorrow!
    Hahahahaha you’re right! No problem

ReputationRep:
    I’m from Romania!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I’m from Romania!!
    Aw nice my brother is considering of studying in you country

ReputationRep:
    Aw nice my brother is considering of studying in you country
    That’s cool! What does he want to study?

ReputationRep:
    That’s cool! What does he want to study?
    Veterinary Medicine!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Romania as well

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone recieved the invitation for the selection procedure for medicine? I have applied on the 21st december but I only recieved an email saying that my application in currently being assessed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dariadinu)
    Has anyone recieved the invitation for the selection procedure for medicine? I have applied on the 21st december but I only recieved an email saying that my application in currently being assessed
    Hey, yes I already got an email saying that I am conditonally admitted to the program as long as I take care of my defiencies and succeed at the selection day.. but I applied in October and it took some time until I got that email. Only a few weeks have passed since you applied, I think you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying for the selection day this year? 16/17 of February?
    So glad to have found this forum! I have also applied as well. Very nervous.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone gotten their study material yet? Since they said either on 10th or 17th.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.