The Student Room Group

Joining the Police (GMP)

Hi folks,
I have just received my application for the role of student officer. I have previously attended two interviews, the other for Cheshire constabulary.
I was unsuccessful at both interviews and didn't receive any feedback. Has anyone here recently joined or in the process of doing so? I could do with picking your brains and getting some tips to help with the recruitment process. I would be gutted if I was to get that far and fail again as this is the career I have wanted since being a small child. :smile: it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
what type of stuff is on your CV thats what they look at and your confidence in the room its no good wanting it and not being able to back it up. my cousin has just joined and is in the collage process atm, could it be your background check as the issue as in a partner or family member ect not being truthful about their or their family relatives past that leads to a fail as its withholding evidence and happened to my cousin.
I'm awaiting a start date from Merseyside police. I failed the final interview the first time because I really prepared but just not in the right way. Second time I felt I did so much better and I went through to the fitness/ medical/vetting
Reply 3
Hey Unicorn, was there a role play involved at this interview?
I'm guessing that merseyside also conduct the competency based interview also?
Thanks
Yeah, you do the same as everyone else for the AC. 4 role plays, structured interview, English and maths test. Then if you pass then you do a final interview which is force specific.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Reply 5
Original post by unicorn5843
Yeah, you do the same as everyone else for the AC. 4 role plays, structured interview, English and maths test. Then if you pass then you do a final interview which is force specific.

Okay thank you☺. Am I right in thinking that the role plays count towards quite a large percentage of the assessment day?
I'll be honest I don't know how it's all weighted. I just went in and tried by best in everything cause you hear different things. I guess they can see a lot from the role play and that's why it could be worth more but I honestly don't know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending