And the alternative?
username2424985
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ProRoadman)
And the alternative?
Not being beholden to the destructive rule of capital and being able to sustainably and cleanly advance as a human species
username3941996
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by plklupu)
Not being beholden to the destructive rule of capital and being able to sustainably and cleanly advance as a human species
Become a communist?
Name:  0B060ADD-AECD-4779-BA3D-E71D1588B72F.jpeg
Views: 112
Size:  19.2 KB
username2424985
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Become a communist?
You wouldn't have to "become" anything, apart from free
alws
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Become a communist?
It would be a difficult thing to fathom for a closed minded and materialistic person like you.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Because communist countries are famous for their freedom.
username3535256
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That’s an ambition, not an alternative sociopolitical structure.
alws
Rep:
?
And the alternative?
Simple, we aim to be as self-sufficient as possible and for what we can not do ourselves we use the traditional model of bartering to allow us to share our skills and talents.
username3941996
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by alws)
It would be a difficult thing to fathom for a closed minded and materialistic person like you.
Communism fails. Accept that. I would rather choose the lesser of two evils: capitalism.
FakeNewsEditor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by alws)
Simple, we aim to be as self-sufficient as possible and for what we can not do ourselves we use the traditional model of bartering to allow us to share our skills and talents.
how would that prevent one from getting a job, getting married, having children, etc? empty sloganeering.
username2424985
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Because communist countries are famous for their freedom.
Communism fails. Accept that. I would rather choose the lesser of two evils: capitalism.
Every country that has ever labelled itself communist was unfortunately an instance of heavily state-planned capitalism. Even the phrase "communist country" is oxymoronic, as the state would be abolished.

(Original post by Rachmaninov)
That’s an ambition, not an alternative sociopolitical structure.
Nobody asked for one. "Capitalism is Slavery" is not a sociopolitical structure either.
DarthRoar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
To sustainable and cleanly advance would require even more controls put on the behaviors of people. You call that freedom?
username2424985
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DarthRoar)
To sustainable and cleanly advance would require even more controls put on the behaviors of people. You call that freedom?
We're talking about a society with no state, no money, no classes, no bosses and thus no masters. Only horizontally arranged communities of humans with literally no incentive to ruin their planet in pursuit of profit. Yes, I'd call that freedom.
alws
Rep:
?
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
how would that prevent one from getting a job, getting married, having children, etc? empty sloganeering.
Really? If you are self-sufficient you are able to produce your own shelter, food and exist solely off the land - no need for a job, other than to work the land to support yourself only - not corporate greed too.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
too right
alws
Rep:
?
I am not promoting communism, I have told you what my desired system is. I guess it could be categorised as left-wing libertarianism as my system avoids the use of government to control individuals.
username2424985
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by alws)
I am not promoting communism, I have told you what my desired system is.
Who owns the means of production in your proposed system? Because if it's private individuals, then what we have here is a continuation of capitalism.
username3535256
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
And the alternative?
Nobody asked for one. "Capitalism is Slavery" is not a sociopolitical structure either.
The post that you replied to asked you to suggest an alternative to capitalism.
s.a.u
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You know communism requires full employment right?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (738)
33.92%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (929)
42.69%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (413)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (96)
4.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed