Can I be pregnant if I get periods?

Watch
YasudaSayo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I know this sounds ridiculous, like some sort of dumb yahoo answers question, but I'm not trolling. Other than the fact that I get regular periods and I'm on the pill, everything points to the fact that I'm pregnant. I've put on a stone in weight, stomach is growing, nipples incredibly sore and sensitive, etc etc. Does having a period ALWAYS 100% mean you're not pregnant?
GalGirl101
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Take a test. And if you're pregnant and you're bleeding see your doctor ASAp
YasudaSayo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by GalGirl101)
Take a test. And if you're pregnant and you're bleeding see your doctor ASAp
I'm not just 'bleeding', I'm having regular periods. I've had 2-3 periods since I last had sex. I just want to make sure that it's impossible to be pregnant if you get periods. I'm not spending £10 or so to take a test if having regular periods means I'm not pregnant. That would be pretty dumb.
I guess this is a prime example of how *****y sex ed is lmao. Surely I should be confident that period = not pregnant. But I literally only got that info from movies. I was never taught anything about pregnancy in school.
username3934898
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
idk if it's labelled as a period but my mum had bleeding occasionally when she was pregnant with me same with my best friend's mum who didn't even know she was pregnant until later stages. take the test because it's the only way of finding out for sure
Pugglet
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by YasudaSayo)
I'm not just 'bleeding', I'm having regular periods. I've had 2-3 periods since I last had sex. I just want to make sure that it's impossible to be pregnant if you get periods. I'm not spending £10 or so to take a test if having regular periods means I'm not pregnant. That would be pretty dumb.
I guess this is a prime example of how *****y sex ed is lmao. Surely I should be confident that period = not pregnant. But I literally only got that info from movies. I was never taught anything about pregnancy in school.
It is still possible to have your periods if you’re on the pill and pregnant. It’s very rare but does happen
Go do a test to check just to be safe
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
I have read cases where women continue to have periods during pregnancy, but this is very rare. Your symptoms might be a sign of something else, rather than pregnancy. I would suggest you make an appointment to see your GP for more help.
username4167860
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Vaginal Bleeding and Menstruation is NOT the same thing during the possibility of pregnancy. You should not have bleeding like your regular menstrual cycle and still be pregnant. If you are filling a pads or tampons over a few day span it is likely you are NOT pregnant. Women do however experience intermittent bleeding during pregnancy. If you are experiencing something that is exactly like your regular cycle than it is highly unlikely that you are pregnant. You do need to go see you Doctor or OB/GYN right away to explain these symptoms that you are experiencing.
GalGirl101
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by YasudaSayo)
Then go to your GP
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads