Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So im starting October but have zero funding from student finance for maintenance loan.

just wanted to know how likely are they to give me my preferred accommodation which is £88.83 or 103.73.

will this amount be paid termly? £1383 if I get the first choice accommodation and £1182 if I get the second accommodation choice.

Lastly who has been to Lancaster? do you know when the money is paid for the accommodation?

Thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hey,

The accommodation fee is payable termly in advance, you will be sent an invoice by email just before you arrive. If you encounter difficulties meeting any payment dates you must discuss the matter with your Accommodation Manager in person before the due date.

This fee is includes heating, lighting, electricity, and a 24-hour security presence during term time amongst other things and an insurance premium covering your possessions up to the value of £5,000 while in your room. Bicycle cover up to £250 is also included.

The accommodation team will try their best to match you with your preferred accommodation type/price and whilst their are no guarantees, I wouldn't worry about not being placed in standard accommodation.

Hope this helps!

Tom Morley

Student Ambassador LeaderUK Student Recruitment and OutreachLancaster University | LANCASTER | LA1 4YW | T: 01524 593836www.lancaster.ac.uk/visitus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lancaster University Student Ambassador)
    Hey,

The accommodation fee is payable termly in advance, you will be sent an invoice by email just before you arrive. If you encounter difficulties meeting any payment dates you must discuss the matter with your Accommodation Manager in person before the due date.

This fee is includes heating, lighting, electricity, and a 24-hour security presence during term time amongst other things and an insurance premium covering your possessions up to the value of £5,000 while in your room. Bicycle cover up to £250 is also included.

The accommodation team will try their best to match you with your preferred accommodation type/price and whilst their are no guarantees, I wouldn't worry about not being placed in standard accommodation.

Hope this helps!

Tom Morley

Student Ambassador LeaderUK Student Recruitment and OutreachLancaster University | LANCASTER | LA1 4YW | T: 01524 593836www.lancaster.ac.uk/visitus
    Thank you Tom
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.