Aston university- Optometry lectures Watch

Alisha999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

Hopefully I’ll be going to aston in September and will be doing a foundation programme in science.

I wanted to ask if anyone goes to Aston and whether lecturers use PowerPoint presentations? If so can students get access to them beforehand so they’re able to print them out ready for the lecture?

Also is it better to hand write the notes during a lecture or use a laptop?

And at Aston University are students allowed to record the lectures? So they can listen to them later and make the notes?

Also do all courses involve lectures (even for me as I’ll be doing a foundation programme before going onto the Optometry course).

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you
mariyah75
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey

I don't go to Aston but I do know that for the optometry course Aston has recorded lectures which you'll be able to access from Blackboard. I think pretty much all courses at university involve lectures even for the foundation programme.
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Alisha999,

I study Marketing and all my lectures are powerpoints which are available on Blackboard before the lecture so you can print them although there may be some minor changes. And after the lecture there is a recording of the lecture available to watch/listen back to.

For note taking, in my lectures they're happy for students to take laptops as long as you're not distracting other students or spending your time online shopping So if you're more comfortable typing as opposed to writing, I'd take your laptop.

My course is a mixture of lectures and seminars/tutorials. I believe Optometry is a mixture of lectures and practicals however I cannot be certain for foundation.

Hope this helps

Sadie
wasif1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Alisha999)
Hi,

Hopefully I’ll be going to aston in September and will be doing a foundation programme in science.

I wanted to ask if anyone goes to Aston and whether lecturers use PowerPoint presentations? If so can students get access to them beforehand so they’re able to print them out ready for the lecture?

Also is it better to hand write the notes during a lecture or use a laptop?

And at Aston University are students allowed to record the lectures? So they can listen to them later and make the notes?

Also do all courses involve lectures (even for me as I’ll be doing a foundation programme before going onto the Optometry course).

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you
Hi I am about to start second year of optom, lectures are available beforehand.
wasif1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
your preference if you want to hand write or use laptop,you can record, and aston replay is generally not available for the harder modules.
appleberry123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey Aisha

Am gonna do the foundation science programme in Aston can u give me a bit of background as to how it was like if u don't mind show me something u have done
Was it all exams or coursework
Wat was the timetable like
Did u find it urself for going into optom
Can u please reply back asap
satisfied1110
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by appleberry123)
Hey Aisha

Am gonna do the foundation science programme in Aston can u give me a bit of background as to how it was like if u don't mind show me something u have done
Was it all exams or coursework
Wat was the timetable like
Did u find it urself for going into optom
Can u please reply back asap
Im doing the foundation programme this year too. Im a little scared about the workload because alot of people are saying that there is alot of content to learn.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (14)
6.73%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (116)
55.77%
No (78)
37.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed