What’s with some boys who always wear, tracksuit bottoms, or skinny jeans? Watch

TheDepressedOne
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Imagine if there was a thread about what girls wear. We’d have WW3.
ohdearstudying
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by haseeb_jarral)
Why is that?
because it’s not proper fashion and the fact Off-White is trying to class some of its blatant street wear as haute couture is insulting to proper fashion houses. Supreme devalued Louis Vuitton by allowing teenagers to be shopping in the same area as customers who value LV for the brand it has spent hundreds of years building. The hypebeasts have no genuine class and don’t know what they’re buying. I wanted the Jackie Kennedy Supreme shirt because I love Jackie Kennedy and think she is such an iconic woman (climbing on the car to retrieve a piece of JFK’s skull) those images are something-yet teenagers who didn’t even know who she was got the shirt and sold it for £200-£500.

Their customer base consists of teenagers and unqualified adults in their 20s who think reselling classes them as an entrepreneur and think smoking weed is a viable hobby. I’m not rich by any means but I’ve seen those “hypebeasts” being refused service in top fashion houses and I have been treated impeccably because I value their brand and am not just buying (or even looking at stuff) just to take a photo for IG
ohdearstudying
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheDepressedOne)
girls fashion is weird af as well.

What the hell is with those girls that genuinely dress like an Urban Outfitters mannequin
ohdearstudying
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 0lut0)
You've literally described all my clothes in my wardrobe tracksuits at home or when i'm going somewhere that's not that important and I wear trackies because they're comfortable and cheap. And I wear skinny jeans when i'm going anywhere special. I feel like it's something i'll grow out of when I reach my 30-40s lol
You wear skinny jeans when going out somewhere “special”. What about nice trousers, chinos or a suit...

Like genuinely wtf
0lut0
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ohdearstudying)
You wear skinny jeans when going out somewhere “special”. What about nice trousers, chinos or a suit...

Like genuinely wtf
Suits only to weddings, funerals and job interviews.
ohdearstudying
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 0lut0)
Suits only to weddings, funerals and job interviews.
or like suit trousers idk.

like what about cropped trousers.

idk what to say accept do you wear one of those cotton shirts (short sleeved) buttoned all the way to the stop that are kinda fitted as well. And white trainers or loafers with them?
0lut0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
or like suit trousers idk.

like what about cropped trousers.

idk what to say accept do you wear one of those cotton shirts (short sleeved) buttoned all the way to the stop that are kinda fitted as well. And white trainers or loafers with them?
Noo...the only reason I ever wore checkered shirts is because my mum bought loads of them. Nowadays I even rock track top and jeans to church. Tbh I don't like anything else :/
ohdearstudying
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 0lut0)
Noo...the only reason I ever wore checkered shirts is because my mum bought loads of them. Nowadays I even rock track top and jeans to church. Tbh I don't like anything else :/
oh my god.

I swear to god.

my church literally would kick you out
Hirsty97
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wouldn't be caught dead in tracksuit bottoms

I don't really wear skinny jeans but I have some distressed skinny biker jeans that look badass and wear on occasion and no one's ever given me **** for it
haseebj49
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
because it’s not proper fashion and the fact Off-White is trying to class some of its blatant street wear as haute couture is insulting to proper fashion houses.
Off-White is a fashion sense in itself - some collections obviously better at showing this than others, but it's harsh to say that it is insulting 'proper' fashion houses when it is up there with the other big companies.

Supreme devalued Louis Vuitton by allowing teenagers to be shopping in the same area as customers who value LV for the brand it has spent hundreds of years building.
The Supreme x Louis Vuitton collaboration was planned. Yeah, it was a little surprising because, as you mentioned, they are a reputed company that is very protective of it's intellectual property but this was a good move to improve their customer base. It proved to be profitable and also a clever move as it upped their 'cool factor' to the post 2000 kids who splash their cash. It was a win-win for both Supreme and Louis Vuitton in this case.
ohdearstudying
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The Supreme x Louis Vuitton collaboration was planned. Yeah, it was a little surprising because, as you mentioned, they are a reputed company that is very protective of it's intellectual property but this was a good move to improve their customer base. It proved to be profitable and also a clever move as it upped their 'cool factor' to the post 2000 kids who splash their cash. It was a win-win for both Supreme and Louis Vuitton in this case.
But it isn’t a viable business model, Off-White is a novelty (admittedly a very successful one) which is why their own founder an HOD has jumped ship to LV to which I know many people will not be purchasing because it’s frankly insulting what he has produced. I will stay firmly at Saint Laurent and LV for leather goods because they seem to have dodged the Hypebeast chai hybrid train as Gucci have seemed to have been suckered into.

I don’t think it was, my boutique don’t allow people under a certain age (need identification) to look at certain items because of how teenagers time waste and want to go there to take pictures more than anything. It SHOULD have been a win-win but Supreme is dying, their clothing is taking longer and longer to sell out whilst LV can sell the same handbag since 1990 and it still is timeless.
denteddental
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There is nothing more unattractive than a man in skinny jeans. Tracksuits aren't great either.
username2400323
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheDepressedOne)
You could argue a lot of the thread would be about what they don't wear lmao as people have an issue with them showing 99.3% of their body lool.
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Skinny jeans look good but uncomfortable. Tracksuits are awesome, dunno why they get so much hate.
Petrol_Head-94
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ratchet Hoe)
They are just so uncomfortable to wear though 😭

Tracksuit bottoms are too comfortable to the put on and skinny jeans suffocate your legs like oml.

It’s not even that but they wear it ALL the time, like to parties and going out for meals; don’t some of you have anything else to wear? 😭
I know right! I always hated wearing tight clothing. Something that is lose on me like trousers, I am more than happy to rock it all day long
Ratchet Hoe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by MyNameIsSophie)
The fact that what people wear bothers you says you have major issues going on. Sort yourself out.
It’s only a preference love. There is nothing wrong with sharing an opinion 🍓
Ratchet Hoe
Rep:
?
(Original post by MyNameIsSophie)
I'll state mine, you look like a wh*re.
I must be misinformed but you are trying to take my post to another level so keep your profile pussy-cat intact sweetie. ❤️
Ratchet Hoe
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dragon5555)
You could argue a lot of the thread would be about what they don't wear lmao as people have an issue with them showing 99.3% of their body lool.
I do agree though and I think that if it was a guy that had nearly nothing in then that wouldn’t be a problem but if it is a girl, then that would be a MESSY thread. 😂
haseebj49
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
But it isn’t a viable business model, Off-White is a novelty (admittedly a very successful one) which is why their own founder an HOD has jumped ship to LV to which I know many people will not be purchasing because it’s frankly insulting what he has produced. I will stay firmly at Saint Laurent and LV for leather goods because they seem to have dodged the Hypebeast chai hybrid train as Gucci have seemed to have been suckered into.

I don’t think it was, my boutique don’t allow people under a certain age (need identification) to look at certain items because of how teenagers time waste and want to go there to take pictures more than anything. It SHOULD have been a win-win but Supreme is dying, their clothing is taking longer and longer to sell out whilst LV can sell the same handbag since 1990 and it still is timeless.
I think it really comes down to personal preference... I'm not saying I'm a major fan of the Supreme x Louis Vuitton collaboration (it was very overrated) but you would have to admit that it was a pretty good move from a business perspective. Fashion/Culture is an ever-changing medium and sometimes companies value their business model over the products they sell/promote for a period. At the moment, it's a little like marmite

Also, what kind of boutique do you work in, (if you don't mind me asking)? It seems a little extreme to ask for ID just to look at some items; unless it was very expensive or high end...
ohdearstudying
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think it really comes down to personal preference... I'm not saying I'm a major fan of the Supreme x Louis Vuitton collaboration (it was very overrated) but you would have to admit that it was a pretty good move from a business perspective. Fashion/Culture is an ever-changing medium and sometimes companies value their business model over the products they sell/promote for a period. At the moment, it's a little like marmite

Also, what kind of boutique do you work in, (if you don't mind me asking)? It seems a little extreme to ask for ID just to look at some items; unless it was very expensive or high end...
I agree wholeheartedly it was so smart, like how Gucci use such young models and D&G opted for creators to wall for them.

Also, sorry to have mislead you, “my boutique” makes it seem like I work there, I meant my local LV they only want clients that aren’t going to waste their time. I’ve been 2-3 times to look at a variety of card holders for example and they don’t mind because I am going to purchase at least 1 or more. LV redeemed itself in my eyes from the god awful past with amazing fragrances for men, genuinely will be the best £ I ever spend THEYRE just divine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (533)
66.71%
No (266)
33.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed