Anyone here play Pokemon?

Watch
DEͥSTͣIͫNY
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hello_shawn)
In terms of team building, Diamond is even easier to complete. Coverage of the entire Elite Four (apart from spiritomb but it can't really hurt you) is achieved with just four Pokemon. In my most recent playthrough that team was Infernape, Honchkrow, Hippowdon and Abomasnow. If you can afford to trade using DS wireless (since Nintendo Wi-Fi no longer supports the old DS games) then you can trade over a Hippopotas as soon as you got 2 badges, and a Snover as soon as you got 4. Then your mons will be leveled enough to take on the e4 assuming you've beaten every trainer on the way. I did my playthrough without trading so my mons were only level 50 by the time I passed victory road
How do I trade? I've never done it before as I thought it wasn't possible since it's been so long.
And what are these badges? Do you mean from pokemon trainers?
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DEͥSTͣIͫNY)
How do I trade? I've never done it before as I thought it wasn't possible since it's been so long.
In the first six gens you beat gym leaders to collect badges and advance the story. Badges also allow outsider Pokemon to obey your command (otherwise it'll "ignore orders", "turn away", "pretend not to notice" etc). Outsider Pokemon also gain more experience under your command than Pokemon you caught

Oh and to trade you need another ds with another pokemon game of the same gen.
username4150124
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’ll trade with you (: I’ve never traded with a person irl so this should be interesting!
DEͥSTͣIͫNY
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
In the first six gens you beat gym leaders to collect badges and advance the story. Badges also allow outsider Pokemon to obey your command (otherwise it'll "ignore orders", "turn away", "pretend not to notice" etc). Outsider Pokemon also gain more experience under your command than Pokemon you caught

Oh and to trade you need another ds with another pokemon game of the same gen.
So I have to play the other gens as well?!
Is there really no other way?
I've never had a pokemon ignore orders before?
You know too much about this game
DEͥSTͣIͫNY
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rbaby)
I’ll trade with you (: I’ve never traded with a person irl so this should be interesting!
Thank you, but stranger danger
(Also, I don't know how old you are)
username4150124
Rep:
?
Pokemon ignore orders when they’ve been traded because they don’t know you lol
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ProRoadman)
You’re never too old for Pokemon.
Could be. Playing pokemon is time-consuming and gamers have to invest time in training to get a team with strong pokemons.
username4150124
Rep:
?
Thank you, but stranger danger
Lmao we can go to a library, pm me 🤣🤣
hello_shawn
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You know too much about this game
Well the older gen Pokemon games used the eight gym template, the newest gen scrapped gyms altogether and replaced them with Island Challenge
DEͥSTͣIͫNY
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well the older gen Pokemon games used the eight gym template, the newest gen scrapped gyms altogether and replaced them with Island Challenge
The Island Challenge?
iElvendork
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I love pokemon!!
Not looking forward to paying for a nintendo switch just so I can get the next game though

However, I will never play Pokemon Go
cheesecakelove
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I never played when I was younger but a few years ago, I got a 3DS and Pokemon Omega Ruby which I really enjoyed. I also played Pokemon Sun too, which was very addictive!
hello_shawn
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The Island Challenge?
Not played gen 7 so don't know what it entails. All I know is it replaced gyms from earlier.
DEͥSTͣIͫNY
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not played gen 7 so don't know what it entails. All I know is it replaced gyms from earlier.
Ohhh I see...
That sounds pretty interesting. Now I'm wondering if I should play them as well
Meowstic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Been waiting a few years for a good game but I'll get back into playing it if one appears.

In terms of team building, Diamond is even easier to complete. Coverage of the entire Elite Four (apart from spiritomb but it can't really hurt you) is achieved with just four Pokemon. In my most recent playthrough that team was Infernape, Honchkrow, Hippowdon and Abomasnow. If you can afford to trade using DS wireless (since Nintendo Wi-Fi no longer supports the old DS games) then you can trade over a Hippopotas as soon as you got 2 badges, and a Snover as soon as you got 4. Then your mons will be leveled enough to take on the e4 assuming you've beaten every trainer on the way. I did my playthrough without trading so my mons were only level 50 by the time I passed victory road
The fewer Pokémon you use the easier the game is. One or two is best.
username4150124
Rep:
?
(Original post by iElvendork)
I love pokemon!!
Not looking forward to paying for a nintendo switch just so I can get the next game though

However, I will never play Pokemon Go
This is so true. I literally just got a 2Ds to play the games and now all of a sudden they are moving to the Nintendo Switch? Not on my watch, I’ll get one in like 3 years, lmao.
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah, on an emulator. I've played Explorers of Sky (amazing story on this one), White, White 2, Platinum, SoulSilver and Emerald. Some of those I've played multiple times
username4150124
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Yeah, on an emulator. I've played Explorers of Sky (amazing story on this one), White, White 2, Platinum, SoulSilver and Emerald. Some of those I've played multiple times
Awesome (: but I think you should buy a 2Ds just to play the gen 4- 7 games. A 2Ds is only £80 and I think it’s better to experience the games in front of you instead of on an emulator
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rbaby)
Awesome (: but I think you should buy a 2Ds just to play the gen 4- 7 games. A 2Ds is only £80 and I think it’s better to experience the games in front of you instead of on an emulator
I'm so used to fast-forwarding and having multiple saves though :erm:. The games themselves could be pretty expensive if they're out of print as well. I have a Gameboy Advance SP though, there's a cartridge of Emerald still in it.
Also I've grown quite fond of my team on some of these, especially Explorers of Sky. Team Aegis FTW :pika:
So Instinct
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Probably one of the best gaming franchises of all time. It hit some weird itch that no other games quite manage. I still go back to it on the occasion but don't play often.

Was really sad about the original cartridges dying.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (162)
38.12%
Take autumn exams (130)
30.59%
Look for a job (16)
3.76%
Consider an apprenticeship (18)
4.24%
Take a year out (72)
16.94%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
6.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise