The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 2018 - Discussion and Help

Poll

SQA students: did you get the results you wanted today?

SQA Results Day 2018 is on Tuesday 7th August this year!

You should receive a text or email from SQA on or just after 8am on results day.

This is the place for all things results day, so whether you just want to chat to some other students, have some questions about results day, or you need any help or advice on the day itself, there will be a team of TSRians here to help :h:

So, how's everyone feeling about it?

Other SQA Results Threads and Useful Articles :h:

Not got the results you expected? Get your SQA Results Service questions answered!

Find out what other students thought of their SQA exams in the 2018 Exam Threads!

Are you ready for results day? Check out this article!

Considering university? Ask a current university student!

Want to use clearing or adjustment? Get all your questions answered!

SQA Results Day Publications :smile:
GRADE BOUNDARIES and MEAN COMPONENT MARKS
ATTAINMENT STATS
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

SO NERVOUS!! Can't decide if I should get them emailed to me as I will be going to work and if its bad or good I will be an emotional mess!!
Original post by amylouiseoliver
SO NERVOUS!! Can't decide if I should get them emailed to me as I will be going to work and if its bad or good I will be an emotional mess!!

That's understandable :yes: And you won't be the only one! Is this your first results day?

Hmm, that's a difficult one...I can sort of relate as I was on work experience for my results days, so didn't get them until the evening, as I didn't want it by email/text during the day. You could sign up and then not look at them if you decide against it on the day, as you probably don't want your work to be too affected by it...It's a really individual thing though, so just do whatever you think will be best for you. :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
No this will be my 4th!! (Standard grades then 5th & 6th year). But this one Higher is the one that means the most as it determines if I get into uni or not!! I’ve signed up to receive the emails but just not sure if I should take some of the day off !? Ahhh. Thank you though :smile:
No this will be my 4th!! (Standard grades then 5th & 6th year). But this one Higher is the one that means the most as it determines if I get into uni or not!! I’ve signed up to receive the emails but just not sure if I should take some of the day off !? Ahhh. Thank you though :smile:

Ah, I can see why you are nervous then! :redface: If you're in a position to and you're worried about your grade, it wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea, as it would allow you access help/make phone calls if you want to try clearing. But it probably wouldn't be the end of the world if you didn't/weren't able to. If you've got the option of either, my advice would be to just do whatever will put you most at ease on the day :smile:

Hope you get the result you need though, and either way there will be people here who are able to help on results day :smile:
My main goal of the summer so far has been to try and forget about Results Day but on the whole, I'm feeling alright about it all. I'm sure nerves will be a big thing on the days before Results Day :eek:
Original post by WestDragon
My main goal of the summer so far has been to try and forget about Results Day but on the whole, I'm feeling alright about it all. I'm sure nerves will be a big thing on the days before Results Day

Definitely a good idea to be trying to forget about them for now! The exams are done, the papers will have been marked, and there's nothing more you can do!
That's good you feel alright about it just now though, and I'm sure you won't be the only one full of nerves in the lead up!
Feeling alright so far. Only need BB to meet my firm conditions for uni, and even if I don’t meet them I have an unconditional insurance. Would really love to meet my firm though :-D
Original post by StephanieH95120
Feeling alright so far. Only need BB to meet my firm conditions for uni, and even if I don’t meet them I have an unconditional insurance. Would really love to meet my firm though :-D

That's good you're feeling alright about it! :smile:

Sounds like you are in a pretty good situation with your UCAS choices! Hope you get what you want on results day! :smile:
Here's a quick question...
What happens if I don't pass my higher? Does that mean I am automatically unsuccessful? Has anyone heard of any success stories when they are still offered a place, even though they never met their grades?
I have BBCC and they want a C in my human bio, plus an academic reference... Just trying to think of worst case scenario!
Update on my firm uni status:
I had the opportunity to take part in a Summer School and get a C in two modules for my offer to be changed to an unconditional.

I got an A5 and a B1! Meaning that I’m now going to my firm choice (Dundee) to study politics :-D
Here's a quick question...
What happens if I don't pass my higher? Does that mean I am automatically unsuccessful? Has anyone heard of any success stories when they are still offered a place, even though they never met their grades?
I have BBCC and they want a C in my human bio, plus an academic reference... Just trying to think of worst case scenario!

If you miss your firm offer, they may still choose to accept you, but if not, you will go to your insurance (assuming you have met their offer). If you meet neither offer, or you decide you would like to go to somewhere else, you can try and get a place though clearing on results day.
Try not to spend too much time worrying about it just now though, and enjoy some of the summer! :smile:
Original post by StephanieH95120
Update on my firm uni status:
I had the opportunity to take part in a Summer School and get a C in two modules for my offer to be changed to an unconditional.

I got an A5 and a B1! Meaning that I’m now going to my firm choice (Dundee) to study politics :-D

:woo: That's brilliant news! Well done! :biggrin:
Original post by Scottish15
I'm losing sleep even now as results day gets closer.

That's understandable when you've worked so hard during the year and want to do as well as you can. I'd suggest just trying to keep yourself busy during the day- whether that's through pursuing a hobby, volunteering, tidying your room, doing sport/exercise- just anything that will keep you occupied during the day should at least help take your mind off it a bit, and might help improve your sleep. I know it's difficult (especially for your first results day!), but try to remember that all the exams are done, the papers are all marked and nothing at this point in time will change what will be on the certificate, but equally it is quite normal to be a little apprehensive. There'll be people here to help you on the day if you need it, but I think you will have done great! :smile:
Two weeks to go everyone! How are you all feeling?

Head to this thread if you want to Predict Your SQA Results!
Okay, so I found TSR in my darkest hours during exam leave and it helped me ALOT so i'm back (with a new account) and genuinely terrified, I never really realised the amount of pressure that is placed upon me by friends, family, teachers and myself to do well in my exams until now. I just feel like i'm going to be sick - I'm more nervous now than I was before my first exam. It's horrible. The worst part is, I completely forgot to sign up on my SQA so I'm going to have to wait until like 3pm when my post arrives. How's everyone else coping?
I'm the same, I constantly worry and doesn't help that people around me are saying 'it'll be fine' every 5 mins! it might NOT be fine!!!! I booked to go to Belfast next week for (hopefully) a relaxing 5 days before the storm!! waaaah so worried x
Original post by LeastWolf
Okay, so I found TSR in my darkest hours during exam leave and it helped me ALOT so i'm back (with a new account) and genuinely terrified, I never really realised the amount of pressure that is placed upon me by friends, family, teachers and myself to do well in my exams until now. I just feel like i'm going to be sick - I'm more nervous now than I was before my first exam. It's horrible. The worst part is, I completely forgot to sign up on my SQA so I'm going to have to wait until like 3pm when my post arrives. How's everyone else coping?

Welcome back! :smile: It's really lovely to hear that TSR helped you get through exam season :smile:

I can relate to the having to wait on the day, as I have never received results any earlier than 5pm on results day! Do your best to keep calm and relaxed be doing whatever the thing are that you enjoy, and I always found keeping busy helps :smile:

There will be plenty of us here to help in the lead up and on results day itself, so if you need any advice, or just want to chat, then we'll be happy to help :smile:
I'm the same, I constantly worry and doesn't help that people around me are saying 'it'll be fine' every 5 mins! it might NOT be fine!!!! I booked to go to Belfast next week for (hopefully) a relaxing 5 days before the storm!! waaaah so worried x

Aah, I can relate to this so much, particularly for my first results day!
So, it's very true that you might not get the results you want or feel you've worked for. However, that doesn't mean that it can't still be okay! It might change your path, or it might change your plans, but what happens next can still be brilliant, and as cliche as it sounds, as long as you have tried your best then you can be proud of yourself!

Hope you have a great time in Belfast, and it takes your mind off results a bit! If you need any help, advice or reassurance on, before or after results day, just post on this thread and we can help you out :smile:
Do you feel ready for results day? Check out this article for TSR's advice on what you need to do to be prepared! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest