SQA Results Day 2018 - Discussion and Help Watch

Poll: SQA students: did you get the results you wanted today?
Yes - I did even better than I'd hoped (93)
34.57%
Yes - I got what I was hoping for (77)
28.62%
No - my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (99)
36.8%
Scottish15
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Joe2001)
Less than 24 hours. Why do they make people go through this? It is so bloody scary. I can't handle it.
And they wonder why teenagers suffer some of the highest cases of mental health issues. But I guess everyone has to go through it. Goodbye for me getting sleep tonight.
Joe2001
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Scottish15)
And they wonder why teenagers suffer some of the highest cases of mental health issues. But I guess everyone has to go through it. Goodbye for me getting sleep tonight.
Amen! Teens and their issues are overlooked.
byunwonie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
actually ******** myself
sobia_iqbal
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I keep on getting mini heart attacks when I think about tomorrow and I've not been sleeping right over past few nights....I can see a sleepless night ahead..
sobia_iqbal
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by amamanon)
So I sat 5 Highers: Chem, Bio, Maths, English, Business management.
I need all As because I wanna apply for Medicine.
However, Im soooooooooo scared and i literally feel sick and cant stop thinking about. I barely revised during exam perid and I regret it so much. I got all As in my prelims but I didnt work as hard for my final exams. I havent been more stressed in my life and will cry if I dont get the grades.
Hey I also want to do medicine. I done Higher Maths, English, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Modern Studies (my school have a 2-year higher system where you skip the Nat5s, hence the 6 highers). I also got all As in my prelims but a couple of them were way easier than the actual exams, especially biology (teachers need to learn not to keep on taking recent past paper questions for prelims- makes them too easy!) Remember that for most universities you only need 4 As. I'm just glad I've found someone in the same situation as me - im sure youve done just fine! Good luck!
chelseadagg3r
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Wishing everyone luck with their results!
Scottish15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by sobia_iqbal)
I keep on getting mini heart attacks when I think about tomorrow and I've not been sleeping right over past few nights....I can see a sleepless night ahead..
(Original post by byunwonie)
actually ******** myself
Good luck to you all.
SarcAndSpark
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Good luck everyone and try not to stress too much. Even if your exams haven't gone as well as you hoped, there are nearly always options open to you and you should have people to help/advise in school tomorrow. And don't forget there will be lots of people on TSR who can help tomorrow if things have gone wrong somewhere.
Joe2001
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I think it wouldn't be so bad if Scottish universities weren't so demanding about Higher results.
Lemur14
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Good luck everyone! :goodluck: Remember there's almost always another route to get to your end goal so should things not go to plan tomorrow, this doesn't have to end your dreams!
There'll be lots of us around tomorrow to help with anything from next steps to clearing advice or just offering congratulations to people so any questions you can post in the Applications, Clearing and UCAS or Scottish Qualifications forum and people will be able to help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Joe2001)
Less than 24 hours. Why do they make people go through this? It is so bloody scary. I can't handle it.
(Original post by sobia_iqbal)
Good luck! Try not to stress too much about it and try to keep your mind on something else tonight and get a decent nights sleep! You’ll need lots of energy to celebrate tomorrow
kierapotato
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
does anyone know when and where grade boundaries will be posted? Thanks
chelseadagg3r
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I wrote this last year about relaxing before the big day for those getting results - some of you might find it useful! https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...rimary_content
Mr.Meerkat
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
T-minus 11hrs 30mins guys! Best of luck to all!

(Original post by kierapotato)
does anyone know when and where grade boundaries will be posted? Thanks
Last year, the grade boundaries were posted onto SQA's website on the 8th August, the same day as the results were released so I'd presume the same would happen this year.
independentx
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Getting nervous now.

Does anyone know if texts/emails arrive at exactly 8am and if not, what time they usually arrive? A lot of things I've seen seem to say "from" 8am, presumably this means not exactly 8?
You can tell I'm a first timer waiting on Nat 5 results can't you
demonic_karasu
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by independentx)
Getting nervous now.

Does anyone know if texts/emails arrive at exactly 8am and if not, what time they usually arrive? A lot of things I've seen seem to say "from" 8am, presumably this means not exactly 8?
It says from because there can be technical issues, lots emails and texts going at the same time can cause a backdraft. Pretty sure you get them close to quite close to 8am (last year I didn’t wake up till 10am so I can’t say)
don’t sweat it tho I’m sure you’ve done fine
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Scottish15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Going to be so depressed if I fail, so much pressure.
Labrador99
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by independentx)
Getting nervous now.

Most people will receive theirs at around 8, as that (8am) is when they are sent out. The 'from 8am' bit is basically due to the fact that once they are sent out, it is up to your phone/email providers to get them to you- some of which are quicker than others. So, you might not get them at exactly 8, but it doesn't mean or imply anything about your actual results!

Hope you get the results you want tomorrow- there will be plenty of people here to help
Last edited by Labrador99; 5 months ago
Salenite
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Here's hoping my email comes at 8:15 (or earlier) like it did in 2016, last year my email came through at around 12pm </3

I also decided to opt out of the text service this year, last year once I turned on my phone the text notification spoiled me and I won't be going through that again

Don't think I'll be getting any sleep like the last two years, I'm too much of a nervous wreck to even try
The Scotfather
Badges: 18
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Scottish15)
Going to be so depressed if I fail, so much pressure.
I know how you feel mate and I know what the pressure is like but its definitely not the end of the world. Do you have some sort of conditional offer?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1170)
79.38%
Leave (304)
20.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed