Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    HEYY!! Can anyone give my ideas on writing a diary entry on either crooks or curleys wige in ‘Of Mice and Men’.. can u also include some metaphors and other language features.. Thanks..

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry,,, but you can do this for GCSE? I did it in year 9.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill Nye)
    yeh. im currently in year 9 and am doing this.. i just needed some help for my writing..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill Nye)
    This is currently the book that I'm studying for GCSE, so yes

(Original post by x.nesu)
    HEYY!! Can anyone give my ideas on writing a diary entry on either crooks or curleys wige in ‘Of Mice and Men’.. can u also include some metaphors and other language features.. Thanks..
    Both of those characters are defined by their "weakness" (Crooks due his race and injury, Curley's Wife due to her gender). This is a main aspect of both of their characters and leads to lots of resentment you may want to include in the diary entry - i.e. what they're bitter about today and why. If you're really stuck, try to explain the narrative from their perspective (i.e. what did Crooks feel when Lennie entered his room? Why? What about after Curley's Wife came in and threatened him?).

In terms of language features, you might try to write the diary entries in their dialect. Also bear in mind how Crooks is very cynical and Curley's Wife is more naive, so your tone might want to reflect that. Finally, while Crooks is fairly educated, Curley's Wife isn't so much (think about how she calls Lennie a "dum-dum") so it might be more appropriate if you *didn't* use lots of fancy language features such as metaphors.

While I'm reluctant to do your homework for you, I hope this helped

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awanderingpixel)
    This is currently the book that I'm studying for GCSE, so yes

Both of those characters are defined by their "weakness" (Crooks due his race and injury, Curley's Wife due to her gender). This is a main aspect of both of their characters and leads to lots of resentment you may want to include in the diary entry - i.e. what they're bitter about today and why. If you're really stuck, try to explain the narrative from their perspective (i.e. what did Crooks feel when Lennie entered his room? Why? What about after Curley's Wife came in and threatened him?).

In terms of language features, you might try to write the diary entries in their dialect. Also bear in mind how Crooks is very cynical and Curley's Wife is more naive, so your tone might want to reflect that. Finally, while Crooks is fairly educated, Curley's Wife isn't so much (think about how she calls Lennie a "dum-dum") so it might be more appropriate if you *didn't* use lots of fancy language features such as metaphors.

While I'm reluctant to do your homework for you, I hope this helped

Good luck!
    Thank you soo much
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    moving to english forum.
    you might find this a useful resource:dontknow: https://jlwclassroom.wikispaces.com/...n-LitChart.pdf

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 11, 2018

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.