choosing which college to go to

Watch
Nihilisticb*tch
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
How do I decide which sixth form college to go to? I have 3 options
1) go to the sixth form attached to my school. The main positive of this is small class sizes and a more personal atmosphere. The negative is how small it is and the lack or facilities
2) different college near me. The main positive is that it is near to me and performs alright in the league tables. Main negative is that it's really overcrowded with big class sizes
3) different college that performs really well on both national and local league tables but is relatively far away (half an hour train journey) I also don't know anyone except one person who is going there.
It would be good if anyone on here could help me to decide.
Lau2en _
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would go to what is the best school. It will be worth it even if you do have to travel further and you will make friends easily as everyone is more mature in 6th form and it’s defiantly a different environment. I would choose option 3.
New Identity
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
option 3 sounds like the best option to me
Nihilisticb*tch
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Lau2en _)
I would go to what is the best school. It will be worth it even if you do have to travel further and you will make friends easily as everyone is more mature in 6th form and it’s defiantly a different environment. I would choose option 3.
Thank you. I think option 3 sounds the best but it would be a very daunting experience but as you said it would be beneficial in the long run.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (665)
33.52%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (845)
42.59%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.41%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.49%

Watched Threads