The Student Room Group

Minimum Maintenance Loan?

I’ve been waiting for months for my student finance to go through. It has been saying that they have my mum’s documents for ages so they can see how much I am entitled to.

It came through this week and I only have £4054 in maintenance loan. My family earn less than £20,000 a year, I was expecting a lot more. This isn’t even enough to cover my accomodation. Could it be because it took so long to process? Or is the amount I’m entitled to based on income added on?

Kind of panicking because I won’t be able to afford anything with this and I don’t know what to do. My family won’t be able to help support me either. Most of the accomodation is booked and the one I can get is 5k, but there’s only a few rooms left.
Original post by lillyso
I’ve been waiting for months for my student finance to go through. It has been saying that they have my mum’s documents for ages so they can see how much I am entitled to.

It came through this week and I only have £4054 in maintenance loan. My family earn less than £20,000 a year, I was expecting a lot more. This isn’t even enough to cover my accomodation. Could it be because it took so long to process? Or is the amount I’m entitled to based on income added on?

Kind of panicking because I won’t be able to afford anything with this and I don’t know what to do. My family won’t be able to help support me either. Most of the accomodation is booked and the one I can get is 5k, but there’s only a few rooms left.

SFE will normally assess your loan amount in two stages. First they assess your eligibility for the basic loan amount. Then they assess your household income for the larger loan.

Ring SFE and check whether they are still assessing your household income.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending