How motivated are you in general?

Watch
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Motivation is certainly something hard to come by for a lot of us... but how motivated are you in general? And what are you top tips for getting more motivated?
username4103202
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I rely mostly on habits; motivation is fleeting.
X_exceed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Motivation is temporary, it's the spark that sets you off to do a certain thing however discipline is what keeps the fire going. I'm motivated to do certain things because I see the value in the things I do, for example learning a language, however I'm very lazy which is a bad habit. It's hard for me to get motivated for long periods of time which I suspect most people have trouble with. I rely on discipline instead, doing things even when you don't want to.
Trust Orang
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not at all. Everything isn't worth being excited about. I do enjoy being pessimistic and sarcastic though.
GeorgeAgdgdgwngo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
motivation gets you going, discipline, commitment and strong habits gets things done
username2861570
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Motivation is fickle. Discipline is the way
The Scotfather
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)
Motivation is certainly something hard to come by for a lot of us... but how motivated are you in general? And what are you top tips for getting more motivated?
Very. Start is small steps. I didn't used to be but I started off by waking up early in the morning then started going out runs.
Archurus23
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Speed. Just kidding. Memes. Speed.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Very. I'm a bit bullheaded so once I commit to something, it tends to get done.
math42
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am sorely lacking in motivation the vast majority of the time. It is probably my biggest fault. I feel that I have or had "potential", for whatever that's worth, but my lack of motivation and self-discipline has rendered me almost entirely unaccomplished, academics aside.
Edit: Well, I have not given the full story here. When I have a specific task to accomplish I can be a borderline perfectionist and will almost always manage to get it done one way or another. But I'm not good at assigning these tasks to myself; there has to be some external pressure.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Depends how depressed i am.
username4167860
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have always been a highly motivated person and I am motivated by positive outcomes such as good grades and other accolades. I am also motivated to make other people happy in life as well by volunteering for example at a NICU and making the Nursing Staffs lives even a little easier while I was there. Those are things that motivate me.
IrrationalRoot
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hugely dependent on how well I’m sleeping/how much sleep I’m getting, weirdly. And then other factors such as how close it is to an exam or how time pressured I am.
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
(Original post by JoshDarnIt)
Motivation is fickle. Discipline is the way
What would you say is the best way of improving discipline, in that case?
username2861570
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What would you say is the best way of improving discipline, in that case?
If I were to explain, it would probably turn into an essay lol
SteveyTheExEevee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Zero. No good would come from it anyway, I'm me. Whats the point? ^^ forget everything!
username3959912
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Try this book "The subtle art of not giving a f" by Mark Manson. If you want something deeper and more philosophical then "Man's search for meaning" by Victor Frankl. This is the most objective advice i can give you
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
(Original post by SwagNam)
Try this book "The subtle art of not giving a f" by Mark Manson. If you want something deeper and more philosophical then "Man's search for meaning" by Victor Frankl. This is the most objective advice i can give you
I’ll look them both up, thank you!
username4175384
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You got to be disciplined first and then being motivated along the way will help you get the job done effectively. So both work together actually. I think I am really disciplined with most things, but there are definitely times that my motivation level could use a boost to help things get done. If I am sick or just in general not feeling it than things are going to take longer to get done or things may not turn out quite as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads