StevieAlice
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey Guys,
Hope you're well!

It's probably a question you get asked a lot, but do you know where there is parking near to the Brooks Building?
I'm not familiar with that side of Manchester as I come from Saddleworth, and it's quite a walk from the Northern Quarter! I wondered if there were any cheap / free parking areas closer by? I don't want to use an NCP or similar as they're usually very expensive.

Your help is appreciated!

Thanks
Stevie
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by StevieAlice)
Hey Guys,
Hope you're well!

It's probably a question you get asked a lot, but do you know where there is parking near to the Brooks Building?
I'm not familiar with that side of Manchester as I come from Saddleworth, and it's quite a walk from the Northern Quarter! I wondered if there were any cheap / free parking areas closer by? I don't want to use an NCP or similar as they're usually very expensive.

Thanks
Stevie
Hi Stevie,

Unfortunately the majority of free/cheap on-street parking around the campus is limited to 2 hours, so you wouldn't be able to park you car on the street all day.

I would recommend having a look on Parkopedia - They give the prices for the car parks nearby.

I would recommend using either The University of Manchester Booth Street West car park, which is £5 for 6 hours and £8 for 10 hours, or Great Jackson Street Car Park, which is £5 for 12 hours.

Rebecca
Hasan_ali
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by StevieAlice)
Hey Guys,
Hope you're well!

Thanks
Stevie

Hey there,

I'm a second year studying Psychology at MMU and just like yourself need parking near Brooks.

I tend to use the Phoenix way/Archway parking. If you literally type in Archway into Google maps it will take you there.

The downside to this is that it's not free and is around £4 for 4 hours.

I have some friends that use the Manchester Aquatics centre for parking and if I'm not mistaken it is around £10 for the whole day.

Unfortunately, like any major city, Parking is rare and often comes at a premium. If you look around the surounding area, there is some free parking literally just outside the student flats (Righton I think) but that is around two hours and I am not too sure weather that parking is patrolled as much as the one I mentioned above.

If you can, I would honestly say take Public transport. It is way cheaper in the lonng run. Yeah you may have a packed train but you won't have to sit through the very busy inner city congestion and traffic.

I hope this helps.
TheWorm1234
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I’m also from Oldham, it will work out cheaper for you to get a 180 or 184 to Manchester and then get a bus to Brooks building, it takes longer but parking cost me about £5 a day previously.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.96%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.14%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.36%
I need help with my personal statement (43)
38.39%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (27)
24.11%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.79%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.25%

Watched Threads