The Student Room Group
which one do you want to go to?
Reply 2
I don't know I don't have any real preference, which is really the root of my problem.
The pros and cons of each and also finance, teaching methods, dissection/prosection etc/ intercalated degree- look at these factors.
Reply 4
Yeah i have made a table comparing each but it doesn't seem to get me any closer to a definitive answer. I think I was hoping something like other peoples personal experiences might help.
Go to an open day or a tour, and just get a feel for each.
Reply 6
I have been to all 3 twice, open day and interview, I just don't have any strong feelings over any of them compared to the others.
Reply 7
manchester - pbl, great city (imo), close to home, prestigous uni, european option, good night life, quite cheap, dissection
Aberdeen -prosection, modern medical programme, systems-based and fully integrated, patient contact from yr 2, good city, close to coast
Glasgow - dissection, pbl..
k im running out of things to say about scottish unis as i dont know much....but NMM has a lot of info about them if u trawl through it!
Manchester - http://www.newmediamedicine.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42
Aberdeen - http://www.newmediamedicine.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24
Glasgow - http://www.newmediamedicine.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34
hope this helps and congrats on your 3 offers
Pick a uni out of a hat.
Reply 9
Thanks Josee32, much appreciated I am sat searching through NMM at the moment very useful site.
Reply 10
lol your welcome! :biggrin: I hope you manage to make a decision soon...keep us updated lol! :biggrin:
Reply 11
I will do, I think I will sit and have a chat with my mum about it tonight, obviously she won't influence my decision but I think perhaps by bouncing my views off of her she might be able to pick out from what I say which I seem to like the most even if I am not yet aware of it.
Reply 12
Aberdeen:
1st year--> all about normal physiology and anatomy, system-based, primarily taught via lectures and prosection

2nd year--> system-based again; diseases of CVS, resp., GI, renal, neuro, ortho/rheuma, endocrinology; start with ward teaching (clinical skills and examination, taking history etc...just hope you get a good ward is all I can say really)

3rd year--> same as 2nd yr; mental health, OBGYN, paeds, haem/immuno, dermatology, infectious diseases, ENT, breast disease, forensic medicince, anaesthesia/critical care; continue with ward teaching and clinical skills

4th and 5th--> well, all ward-based, rotate thru various specialties and get taught in other district hospitals

I don't have a lot of complaints to be honest, I just wish we'd have more ward sessions in 2nd or 3rd year (4hrs per week isn't really a lot). Going to lectures isn't madatory, but it's advisable. There's a lot of stuff to go thru, especially in 1st and 3rd year (don't know about 4th, but heard it's the most difficult as our finals are at the end of it). If you have any other specific questions, don't hesitate to contact me..
Reply 13
Will any of these uni's accept students with severe head injuries? because at the moment i just feel like mashing my head into my keyboard/desk repeatedly.
Funny but yeh prob wouldnt walk around saying those things, we have to be politically correct now dont we.
Reply 15
Ahem, tis often rumoured that Glasgow students know eff all anatomy :p:

Does that help?
Reply 16
That is interesting to know thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending