Ghostly1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Okay so I'm coming up to the end of my first year and I have been sent a renewal quote from my insurance company but its rubbish! I'm due to renew on the 29th of July and have found a better quote. It says it will start on the 29th but do I have to inform my current insurance company that I will be going with someone else? Also my new quote is with a black box on so do I keep the black box I have on already and they just use that one?
Simone250900
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ghostly1)
Okay so I'm coming up to the end of my first year and I have been sent a renewal quote from my insurance company but its rubbish! I'm due to renew on the 29th of July and have found a better quote. It says it will start on the 29th but do I have to inform my current insurance company that I will be going with someone else? Also my new quote is with a black box on so do I keep the black box I have on already and they just use that one?
if the new quote is a new company you have to use the new black box and i think if you ring them up 30 beofre or whatever it says in your contract and say i want to terminate this contract and then go from there start your new one midnight of the day your old one or whatever they advise jsut be nice about it and diplomatic but friendly, calm and honnest, good luck

i have a black box i would suggest getting a sticker for the back of the car to stop stupid people having a go also
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Moved to Cars and motoring.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ghostly1)
You'll need to ring your old insurer and make sure it's not set to auto renew. Your new insurer will provide a new black box.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (81)
26.91%
No - I have already returned home (38)
12.62%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (60)
19.93%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (31)
10.3%
No - I live at home during term anyway (91)
30.23%

Watched Threads