The Student Room Group

How can i get ahead for Alevels over summer

I have currently put down for my choices Maths, Physics and Chemistry; however i am still unsure about chemistry as i have been slightly put off by how hard people say it is.

I would like to get ahead for these subjects for next year over summer, what are some good resources or youtube videos which you recommend. I don't mind paying for some resources such as revision guides either.
Of these I only took chemistry and I wouldn't worry about it! Chemistry is hard, that's undeniable, but if you put the work in and enjoy chemistry then you should have no issue. There will be points through the year where you struggle but that's not uncommon at all, just make sure you ask for helped when this happens.

I was AQA for chemistry and found chemguide and chemrevise to be especially helpful guides and both are free. I probably used chemrevise more than chemguide because it's more concise and simple to understand but still covering the same points. As for videos E Rintoul was good too when I needed a bit more of an explanation and he also does videos going through specimen papers and talking through the answers.

Hope I've helped and anymore questions just ask!

Quick Reply

Latest