University of Nottingham/Sutton Bonington/Accommodation

Watch
ZuzannaL78783
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I am going to study biotechnology at University of Nottingham at Sutton Bonington campus. As far as I know there is only one accommodation option there called ''Sutton Bonington'' . Does that mean that they have enough places/rooms to accommodate all students studying at Sutton Bonington campus? I really don't want to travel everyday from the city center for my lectures.
ewecrazy?
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They have space for everyone (and more!) don't worry! I think there is something like 500 rooms so all first years study on SB get a guaranteed room I believe and then they let the left over rooms out to older students (don't worry they tend to be in a different block to you guys!). Although the hall is called Bonington Halls, it is actually made up of several blocks (Zouch, Barton, Wymeswold, etc.) so its a lot bigger than it sounds. Have a look at a campus map to see them all! Also, take a quick look at this website as it gives all the info on the different room types you can go for (this decides what block you are in really):
https://www.mystudentvillage.com/uk/suttonbonington/
ZuzannaL78783
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you
Rw1234567
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi I’m starting biotechnology this year and have accommodation at SU, can you tell me about your experience did you like the course/ halls? Thanks x
EmCharles
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Rw1234567)
Hi I’m starting biotechnology this year and have accommodation at SU, can you tell me about your experience did you like the course/ halls? Thanks x
Hi, I'm not doing biotech, but I did live on sb. What would you like to know?
Rw1234567
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I’ve heard a lot of bad things ahah does it really smell of farm animals there? Is it really dead or do people go out a lot? What are the rooms like? Also heard that it’s a bit hostile and everyone knows everyone’s business is that true? thanks x
EmCharles
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Rw1234567)
I’ve heard a lot of bad things ahah does it really smell of farm animals there? Is it really dead or do people go out a lot? What are the rooms like? Also heard that it’s a bit hostile and everyone knows everyone’s business is that true? thanks x
I honestly never noticed it smelling, even in the middle of summer! The animals are kept on the outskirts of campus, and are kept CLEAN.
As for going out/ being quiet, it is what you make of it. On campus, during the week, it is often pretty quiet, but you can do events, go to the bar and pubs. You can join societies and see friends. You just have to find entertainment, sometimes in Nottingham center.
I actually found it a friendly place, but yes, we do all know eachother's business. It's a small place, you get to know a lot of people there. It's not a negative or malicious thing, it just happens...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (19)
28.36%
Less motivated (48)
71.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed