Think Ahead Application 2019 - Is anyone apply? Watch

Flowergreen123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello, I submitted the same documents as you did. I received an email after 3 weeks, and then a telephone call the day after asking me to complete. I received a further phone call the day after inviting me to an assessment centre.

I also don’t have a Grade C in English but will complete the functional test if I get accepted.

Best of luck.
royal1990
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Flowergreen123)
Hello, I submitted the same documents as you did. I received an email after 3 weeks, and then a telephone call the day after asking me to complete. I received a further phone call the day after inviting me to an assessment centre.

I also don’t have a Grade C in English but will complete the functional test if I get accepted.

Best of luck.
When you say phone call, do you mean you have a telephant assessment? Or is it to notify you to take online tests?
Flowergreen123
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I had a phone call asking me to take the online test.
royal1990
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Getting a bit impatient lol...sent my application like 4-5 days ago now, still heard nothing :/
Impact22
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by royal1990)
Getting a bit impatient lol...sent my application like 4-5 days ago now, still heard nothing :/
Took me 3 weeks to hear back from my initial application, and I had my assessment centre today! Try not to worry about it taking a little time, you'll get there!
Flowergreen123
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Have you heard anything back?

(Original post by Impact22)Took me 3 weeks to hear back from my initial application, and I had my assessment centre today! Try not to worry about it taking a little time, you'll get there!
Impact22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Have you heard anything back?

(Original post by Impact22)Took me 3 weeks to hear back from my initial application, and I had my assessment centre today! Try not to worry about it taking a little time, you'll get there!
I heard back by email this afternoon - unsuccessful, unfortunately, but onwards and upwards!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Flowergreen123
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Me too unfortunately! (Original post by Impact22)I heard back by email this afternoon - unsuccessful, unfortunately, but onwards and upwards!
Flowergreen123
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Me too unfortunately! Have you received any feedback? (Original post by Impact22)I heard back by email this afternoon - unsuccessful, unfortunately, but onwards and upwards!
(Original post by Impact22)
I heard back by email this afternoon - unsuccessful, unfortunately, but onwards and upwards!
Impact22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Me too unfortunately! Have you received any feedback? (Original post by Impact22)I heard back by email this afternoon - unsuccessful, unfortunately, but onwards and upwards!
Not as of yet! Have sent them an email asking about it cause I’d like to have some feedback. Have you??
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Impact22; 2 months ago
Flowergreen123
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Impact22)
Not as of yet! Have sent them an email asking about it cause I’d like to have some feedback. Have you??
I haven’t either no, I did send an email too. Hope you’re ok, it is really disappointing but it was a tough process. I wonder how many aapplicants got through!
EmEmTheFairy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi all,

I qualified as a Social Worker this year - took the undergraduate route. I'm just wondering what the Think Ahead application process entails and how different it is to the degree route?

Good luck all!
royal1990
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I haven't heard anything yet. Hoping to hear something this week. Otherwise, just chalk it up to another rejection.

I'm kinda hoping I get through to next stage as unfortunately I can't get funding to study for another undergraduate or postgraduate degree. So it's my only way in.

I haven't even got through to online tests, but it's I'm kind of assuming that my chances are slim if they are leaving it to the end of the 3 week gap to respond.
Bee_sha94
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I went to the assessment centre last week on the 12th December. Got an email today informing me that I was unsuccessful😔. Didn't receive any feedback so I have done the same and asked for some. Its very disheartening but I'm trying to see it as a positive and will use the feedback for next year. Good luck to those who have applied and well done to those who have been accepted.
Roadie1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello guys.

New to the forum but thinking to apply for the Think Ahead programme and the step up which is currently closed till February 2019.

Has anyone who has applied for the Think Ahead programme managed to get past the sift stage. The reason I ask is I have a 2:2.

Thanks
vickymeh
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Roadie1)
Hello guys.

New to the forum but thinking to apply for the Think Ahead programme and the step up which is currently closed till February 2019.

Has anyone who has applied for the Think Ahead programme managed to get past the sift stage. The reason I ask is I have a 2:2.

Thanks
I called the their recruitment line and they advised they still accept people with 2.2 but have to have additional qualifications or special reasons to why they got 2.2. They also said they don't look at the degree and degree grade when looking at the applications. Hope that helps
mattjdobson
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just got my application in
KSharman
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, did you apply in the end? Is anybody attending one of the assessment centres in London in February? If anybody has attended one already I would really appreciate any advice for the day, what go expect and how to be well prepared. I've also been told that I will receive an activity to prepare one week prior. Does anybody know much about what this might entail?Thanks in advance and good luck everybody.
Chicklowa
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have just applied for this last week. My application is in process, would be great to find out some information for progressing to the next stage
Moh27
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I sent mine this morning. Applications have now closed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (36)
12.41%
Yes - a food allergy (33)
11.38%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (9)
3.1%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
3.1%
No (203)
70%

Watched Threads