The Student Room Group

Improving Grades

I'm a Year 12 student about to go on my summer holiday before Year 13 and in that time I want to do some revision on the AS/Year 1 maths content I have been doing over the past year. However, I'm trying to find different ways of studying maths that will improve my grades and make me feel more motivated. I also want to improve my current predicted grade of a B to an A* by my exams in 2019. What tips do you have for practising and especially, understanding the questions and theory behind them?
I would just practise questions tbh, but make sure to practise more of the hard one. If you do Edexcel maths then for each section i.e 1A they have a question to do with the topic but in algebraic form, which is really helpful.
Reply 2
For maths, the best way to improve is to practice past papers and do as many questions as you can. Watch videos explaining why something works out to what it is and how to actually work it out. Read some maths books maybe? For example, a book about proofs to see why and how theyre proven.

Quick Reply

Latest