Need some urgent advice Watch

firkin
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi so I’ve been temping off and on with nhs in-house agency. Basically they don’t make a commission and so we are cheaper than recruitment agencies. We work within the nhs trust.
Mrs x is the lady who works at the agency. She is responsible for booking people and does the non medical bookings.

Anyway it must have been a few months ago that she got me a booking. The following week the manager of the team emailed Mrs x to state my services weren’t required forthe following week. Only problem was that Mrs x didn’t bother telling me. So the following week I turn up only for manager to say she had emailed Mrs x. I phone Mrs x who said she forgot as she was too busy. I was annoyed but I let it go.

Then the other placement asked if I could start a day later as they were doing training. Mrs x didn’t let me know so I turned up in that place.

Three weeks ago I phoned Mrs x as I needed wirk. She says she’d ring me but she didn’t. A few days later I rang and Mrs x said that there was work but she hadn’t had time to look. Wtf. That’s her job. Second week I ring three times in the week. She said I’ll ring you. Then she said to keep myself free and guess what I had no call from her. I kept my plans on hold. This week o phone her and she slammed the phone down Abd when I rang again she didn’t even acknowledge she slammed phone down . I’ve never had treatment like this from her. Just because she is busy she can’t take two minutes to let me know which places have vacancies and book me in. Especially when there are placements . Mrs x is the only one who does the bookings. If I complain then she might lie when I ask for wirk saying there is none. I feel so angry and upset at her *****y disrespectful unprofessional behaviour. I hate her
THS2018
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is she your employee?
firkin
Rep:
?
She works for the temporary staffing agency as the booking person and has been given the role of allocating people to placements when they ring for work. So she has a permanent job .
Mine is zero contract hours.
She is not my direct employer but she is the only way I can be booked on .
THS2018
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try talking to management, is all I can say because it could be misconduct within the workplace.
firkin
Rep:
?
I just wish I didn’t have to deal with her. Thing is if I go through management she could find out it’s me and then out of spite refuse me placements. Management might not always able to check what lies she says. There’s such little protection for temp workers😥
Rabbit2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by firkin)
I just wish I didn’t have to deal with her. Thing is if I go through management she could find out it’s me and then out of spite refuse me placements. Management might not always able to check what lies she says. There’s such little protection for temp workers😥
That is the advantage of having a 'skill set' that is in demand. They cannot afford to treat you like garbage, because you are hard to replace. I realise that this doesn't immediately help your situation, but long term it might. Have you checked around, to find out if anyone else in the work force has had similar experiences? If you can document that she's treating a significant number of employees this way, it would strengthen your case. Unfortunately, the incompetent are everywhere and always among us. Best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads