The Student Room Group

Harry Kane.....

Is he truly world class?

The only two world class players I saw on the pitch were both Croatian.
Not denying he is good but he isn't great.

What do you guys think?
He is for tottenham when hes got people like Eriksen with him
Original post by rhaegar452
He is for tottenham when hes got people like Eriksen with him

But he should replicate his performance for Tottenham
To be world class should you not be playing consistently
Original post by Shadowmage9s
Is he truly world class?

The only two world class players I saw on the pitch were both Croatian.
Not denying he is good but he isn't great.

What do you guys think?

He is world class, but hasn't got the stamina. Had to be taken off in extra time. He couldn't run
Original post by MWills99
He is world class, but hasn't got the stamina. Had to be taken off in extra time. He couldn't run

I agree he went in too deep to get the ball
he should have stayed upfront like Sterling did
harry kane is top class there is no denying that. he makes good plays and his shooting his on point. if the ball had been crossed into him more often we may have scored.
He is slightly overrated tbh ..I agree Croatia was damn good ..Modric and rakitic👏🏻
Reply 7
Yep, he’s going home. Not compared to Ronaldo lool
But he should replicate his performance for Tottenham
To be world class should you not be playing consistently

Not necessarily. Ronaldo and Messi have never scored a goal in a world cup knock out game
Original post by anonymous69gcse
harry kane is top class there is no denying that. he makes good plays and his shooting his on point. if the ball had been crossed into him more often we may have scored.

His attempt on goal was rubbish all he had to do was a small chip and we would have scored. He missed and then proceeded to have another attempt greedily instead of passing it to Sterling.
His performance at least for this match was not world class
Original post by rhaegar452
Not necessarily. Ronaldo and Messi have never scored a goal in a world cup knock out game

Ronaldo was carrying Portugal you cannot blame him had he been playing in Harry kanes position this match we would have won 3-2
Or taken it to penalty shoot outs.
His attempt on goal was rubbish all he had to do was a small chip and we would have scored. He missed and then proceeded to have another attempt greedily instead of passing it to Sterling.
His performance at least for this match was not world class

i disagree did u see the angle he had to shoot from. sterling is s*** in my opinion. all he is good at running with the ball like a dinosaur and ball control. he is just a greedy who tries to skill everyone, being cocky and losing the ball instead of f****** shooting.
Ronaldo was carrying Portugal you cannot blame him had he been playing in Harry kanes position this match we would have won 3-2
Or taken it to penalty shoot outs.

No, because Ronaldo is a winger. Kane was instructed to play deeper.

Ronaldo also absolutely not carrying Portugal, there's lots of talent in Portugal.
Reply 13
This thread :lolwut:

Sterling isn’t ****.

Modric was the only world class player on the pitch.

Kane has played consistently well for three seasons but was played out of position in this tournament.
Original post by anonymous69gcse
i disagree did u see the angle he had to shoot from. sterling is s*** in my opinion. all he is good at running with the ball like a dinosaur and ball control. he is just a greedy who tries to skill everyone, being cocky and losing the ball instead of f****** shooting.

Nevertheless he still should have passed it to sterling
his first attempt on goal was nowhere near hard
The angle he had to shoot from when he received the rebound was hard so he should have passed it.

maybe i'm just being salty considering we lost
Original post by Mess.
This thread :lolwut:

Sterling isn’t ****.

never said he was

Modric was the only world class player on the pitch.

1 more than england

Kane has played consistently well for three seasons but was played out of position in this tournament.

Not blaming him for our loss just saying that he should have banged in his first attempt
Not blaming him for our loss just saying that he should have banged in his first attempt

sorry for the comments in your message
new to this
He should've scored the 1-1 chance and the chance on the rebound.

The header on the free kick was abysmal.

Quick Reply

Latest