Granolakiddo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I just got my end of year results in and I got a 3 for English which is kind of bad especially when I get 4 in English I am really worried and scared for what I have to do for year 10 please help me
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you still have 2 years till gcses. amazing grades won't be expected in year 9 or even year 10.
have you tried talking to your english teacher to see where you went wrong in the test? in year 10, i'd start making gcse revision notes (in this case, for english, it would be quotes, character notes, context notes etc) and making the effort to revise for mocks so when it comes to revising for the actual gcses in year 11 it's less stressful. do make the effort, and don't be afraid to ask your teachers for help. plenty of people make a huge change in grades, provided they put the work in. it's achievable.
Granolakiddo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
thankyou
Spiderdd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don’t worry about it, I had a target grade of an E and was just about achieving it in year 9 for English literature and language. And in the real gcses I got a high A (eqv to 8) in Language and a high B (eqv to 6) in literature, so there is always time to improve.
Samiik
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Dont worry about it! Youre only in year 9 and have plenty of time to improve. I was predicted Bs for lang and lit and came out with A*s in both in the real exams. As long as you take time to reflect upon what didnt go so well this time and work really hard to improve you should be fine.
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is why the British education system is going down hill! Kids are stressing about exams which are multiple years in the future! You guys should be enjoying your school years before the serious exam-tense years begin (Year 10-11). My little sister had to choose her GCSE options in Year 8! Ridiculous

OP, as others have said, you have two years to improve. If you're achieving a 3 at the moment, you only need to improve on your current ability a little further to be at the standard you want! Two years is plenty of time to mature intellectually and pick up the best ways for you to learn.

Enjoy your summer!
lucieol
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Granolakiddo)
I just got my end of year results in and I got a 3 for English which is kind of bad especially when I get 4 in English I am really worried and scared for what I have to do for year 10 please help me
There's no need to worry! You've still got 2 years left which is more than enough time to improve

I'd definitely go to your teacher who will be able to highlight your weaknesses to you and tell you where you need to improve. Don't feel like you have to go into full on revision mode now for English because you really don't. As many others of us have said 2 years is plenty of time and I'm sure many people aren't getting top grades when they're only in year 9 and have barely started the GCSE course (I definitely wasn't )

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (289)
55.79%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.21%

Watched Threads