The Student Room Group

When do universities receive exam results?

I’ve just received a letter including problems to complete, pre-arrival reading and textbooks I should buy way before results day. I found it odd that they would send me so much now before any confirmation of my place has been made and these problems were set to be handed in the first week that I start. Is it possible that some universities already have our A-level results and thus are able to ‘imply’ that we have a place but not explicitly say so, so as to not get in trouble?
Original post by HexScott
I’ve just received a letter including problems to complete, pre-arrival reading and textbooks I should buy way before results day. I found it odd that they would send me so much now before any confirmation of my place has been made and these problems were set to be handed in the first week that I start. Is it possible that some universities already have our A-level results and thus are able to ‘imply’ that we have a place but not explicitly say so, so as to not get in trouble?

I thought for A levels it was sometime at the beginning of August. Contact them and ask. It may be they have decided or it may just be a mailshot.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
They receive it only a few days before results day. They definitely won't know now and they're sending it to prepare you as they expect to take you in.
Does them no harm and many students have requested things like this and that's why they do it

Quick Reply

Latest