The Student Room Group

Worried about crossed out work in an exam - A level Physics

Hi, I recently sat my a level Physics exams, and for the written questions I would find that the provided lines weren't enough, so I'd write a couple of lines beneath the provided lines.

I didn't think of initially using the extra provided pages during the exam, so I crossed out the text written beneath the lines, and wrote that exact same text in the provided additional pages at the end of the booklet, marked with the question number.

Would the marker not mark the work written on the additional pages because that exact same thing was crossed earlier? or would they mark it anyways?

Also, due to being nervous in the exam, I may not have been consistent with this approach, i.e. for a couple questions I may have just left the text written beneath the provided lines. I'm sorry, I just remembered I did this, and am now stressed about it :/

Thanks!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by CSJedi
Hi, I recently sat my a level Physics exams, and for the written questions I would find that the provided lines weren't enough, so I'd write a couple of lines beneath the provided lines.

I didn't think of initially using the extra provided pages during the exam, so I crossed out the text written beneath the lines, and wrote that exact same text in the provided additional pages at the end of the booklet, marked with the question number.

Would the marker not mark the work written on the additional pages because that exact same thing was crossed earlier? or would they mark it anyways?

Also, due to being nervous in the exam, I may not have been consistent with this approach, i.e. for a couple questions I may have just left the text written beneath the provided lines. I'm sorry, I just remembered I did this, and am now stressed about it :/

Thanks!

If you've crossed something out then they definitely won't mark it so they'll mark what you have written on the additional pages..

As long as you haven't written outside of the border then they'll mark everything that's written on the paper.

Don't worry about it :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by lucieol
If you've crossed something out then they definitely won't mark it so they'll mark what you have written on the additional pages..

As long as you haven't written outside of the border then they'll mark everything that's written on the paper.

Don't worry about it :smile:
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest