I am getting bullied and getting nowhere. Please help.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi. I am sorry if I start to rant on a bit but my younger sister bullies me and I have had enough. I am to be going to college in a month and want this bullying to stop before I have to leave even though I am only going half an hour away to college. I want to be friends with my youngest sister like I am with my other younger sister. I am the oldest in the child house so I am basically the test subject for life. But I don’t think I should be bullied by my youngest sister. I have tried what I could. I don’t want to get into a physical fight in which someone gets hurt, either me or my youngest sister. I have gone to my parents but they don’t seem to truly listen or whenever they do intervene, as soon as they walk off, my youngest sister starts bullying me again and I don’t know where to turn to. When I was bullied in high school on the bus, I didn’t exactly have anyone there to help at that moment. I would have to go to the counselor’s office or to the principal the next morning. I did this multiple times but it never did anything to permanently stop the bullying. There was a camera on the bus but that didn’t really help. The bullying went on for 5 years. I would come home crying because it would get so bad. But it happened on the bus, a place where the only adult was the driver but he never saw anything. I was on my own. That was when I was most vulnerable. I had few friends that were on the bus but they didn’t try to stop the bully for self preservation reasons that I understood. But now I have graduated high school but am being bullied by my youngest sister and I am at another dead end. I have tried to tell my parents about her actions but nothing gets permanently done about it. I can’t just videotape her doing it. For one, she would probably notice cameras. For two, I don’t have the money for cameras. I just don’t know what to do. I have tried to look at it from her perspective by knowing that she is the youngest sibling, has the smallest room, can’t drive and gets almost anything her little heart desires. But not even that helps when I confront her. We have gotten into a physical fight before but the only time that I strike her is when she comes after me first, so it is in self-defense. So that’s my story with this. I have been told that when you meet a dead end it’s just a way for you to think of something new. Well, I am at a dead end with this and can’t figure it out. I hope one of you people out there can help me with this. Please help. Thank you for your help and time.
Advertisement
Whistlejacket
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What kind of bullying? Just slap the **** out of her. There is no fighting if she's younger than you! Double slap her, perhaps with a slipper or something.
FrankoJJameson
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is horrible, I am sorry your having to put up with this with little to no support. I highly recommend speaking in confidence with a teacher you trust or a local police officer about how it’s impacting your life. Ask them or someone to help you mediate a discussion so that your parents will take this matter more seriously. I am unsure where your located otherwise I would recommend local support groups/sites that you might use to access information advice guidance and support. Try google for local support services. Be strong, it does get better!
Advertisement
GlockInmyRari
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Warn her a couple of times. Tell her that if she doesn't stop, you'll bully her back. If she doesn't listen, go to war. Be meaner and smarter than her and it. She'll go crying to your parents. You should have a list ready in your mind with all things she did to you. Your parents will tell you two to stop bothering each other. Next time she comes at you, she's obviously in the wrong and you're parents will know it.
zufar_0113
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi. I am sorry if I start to rant on a bit but my younger sister bullies me and I have had enough. I am to be going to college in a month and want this bullying to stop before I have to leave even though I am only going half an hour away to college. I want to be friends with my youngest sister like I am with my other younger sister. I am the oldest in the child house so I am basically the test subject for life. But I don’t think I should be bullied by my youngest sister. I have tried what I could. I don’t want to get into a physical fight in which someone gets hurt, either me or my youngest sister. I have gone to my parents but they don’t seem to truly listen or whenever they do intervene, as soon as they walk off, my youngest sister starts bullying me again and I don’t know where to turn to. When I was bullied in high school on the bus, I didn’t exactly have anyone there to help at that moment. I would have to go to the counselor’s office or to the principal the next morning. I did this multiple times but it never did anything to permanently stop the bullying. There was a camera on the bus but that didn’t really help. The bullying went on for 5 years. I would come home crying because it would get so bad. But it happened on the bus, a place where the only adult was the driver but he never saw anything. I was on my own. That was when I was most vulnerable. I had few friends that were on the bus but they didn’t try to stop the bully for self preservation reasons that I understood. But now I have graduated high school but am being bullied by my youngest sister and I am at another dead end. I have tried to tell my parents about her actions but nothing gets permanently done about it. I can’t just videotape her doing it. For one, she would probably notice cameras. For two, I don’t have the money for cameras. I just don’t know what to do. I have tried to look at it from her perspective by knowing that she is the youngest sibling, has the smallest room, can’t drive and gets almost anything her little heart desires. But not even that helps when I confront her. We have gotten into a physical fight before but the only time that I strike her is when she comes after me first, so it is in self-defense. So that’s my story with this. I have been told that when you meet a dead end it’s just a way for you to think of something new. Well, I am at a dead end with this and can’t figure it out. I hope one of you people out there can help me with this. Please help. Thank you for your help and time.
You do not have to go through this. Are you not the oldest sibling? Show your dominance and consistently request some respect, for being the oldest sibling in your family. You are probably having to deal with other pressures and with going to college or any exams that you perhaps have to complete. I totally agree, that at times you may loose control of your emotions and want to lash out, but this is not the best option. Please, do not let this result in violence! Every time she attempts to bully you remind her of consequences of bullying and how you would make sure that you get your parents involved. It could be very difficult that nobody is really wanting to support you in your family. The best option is to sit down with your sibling, on a 1 - 1 basis and just have a genera conversation with her and ask her why she chooses to bully you. If she refuses to listen, then when she does bully then say the same thing, start the conversation; when she has your attention. When she is bullying you that is the perfect time. #StandUpAgainstBullying
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (137)
28.48%
No - I have already returned home (65)
13.51%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.33%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.36%
No - I live at home during term anyway (141)
29.31%

Watched Threads