The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

2019 UCL Applicants **Official Thread**

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone!
Course: Viking and Old Norse studies
Grades: I'm an international student and I don't know exactly how my grades translate into A-level grades...
Extracurriculars: hiking, volunteering in archaeological fieldwork, reading and writing, archery, scouting
Why UCL: one of the few universities to offer Old Norse, year abroad in Scandinavia, several interesting modules (in particular, the one about material culture, in collaboration with the British library).

Does anybody know if it is possible to talk to current students that are attending my course (and how)?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 381
Original post by Sivn
Thank you so much!!! I just checked my email today and I got an offer from UCL too!!! So excited :smile:

for economics ? congrats !
Got my maths offer
Good luck
Original post by YaraD
Just got an offer for BSc social sciences!!

congrats!!! when did you apply if you don't mind me asking
Original post by sinsine
Made an account just to share that I have just got my first offer and it was unexpectedly from UCL - an unconditional for Social Science. :smile:

I am currently an undergraduate already and I am looking to restart my university journey with a course that I actually want to do and hence I applied. As an international applicant, my qualification would probably be irrelevant to all of you here but the least I can share is that according to UCL, my grades would correspond to AAA at A'Levels.

Hope this piece of information would help ease some anxiety of anyone out here still waiting! :smile:

omg you got an unconditional for my course TT congrats!!!! that's amazing!!
Original post by thisguy321
Got my maths offer

Congrats, when did you apply?
hi everyone!! decided it's time to stop lurking

Course: Social Sciences
A level subjects / predicted grades: A*AA in English Lit, Psychology and Geography
GCSE grades: A*A*AABBBBBB
Extracurriculars: Volunteering, Brilliant Club, Oxford Uni shadowing
Why UCL?: love the course, the location and the diversity puts me at ease lol.
Reply 388
Got an offer for maths today
Reply 389
Original post by Viickyy
anyone got Math?

Yes I did, applied quite early though. They're probably going in the order they received the applications
Original post by have
Yes I did, applied quite early though. They're probably going in the order they received the applications

:smile: congratulations!!
Reply 391
Original post by Viickyy
:smile: congratulations!!

thanks a lot. Hopefully yours will come soon
Reply 392
Original post by have

Congratulations!!! When was it that you applied if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 393
Original post by Laman_
Congratulations!!! When was it that you applied if you don't mind me asking?

It got sent off to unis on 3rd October
Original post by Laman_
Any offers for Politics and IR??

I’m also waiting/hoping for one!
Reply 395
Original post by richardsmith
I’m also waiting/hoping for one!

Hopefully we'll both get offers asap! The wait is killing me😭
Original post by Laman_
Hopefully we'll both get offers asap! The wait is killing me😭

What are your predicted grades if I may ask? Me too :frown:
Hi everyone! I got an offer for biomedical science today. Did anyone else get one? I was quite surprised by how fast they sent out their offer
Original post by jli7777
It depends on the course, if they didn't send you a request for further info I'm sure you don't need to for English :smile:

thank you!!
i've applied for natsci too but haven't heard back yet either :smile: which streams are you interested in?
Original post by Jessica_shu
Any offers for Natural Sciences ?

Quick Reply