Turn on thread page Beta

I Regret My Underwear Photo Shoot, Scared It Will Come Back To Haunt Me? HELP! watch

ReputationRep:
    I did a boudoir photoshoot which was basically posing seductively in my underwear on a bed.

I wanted to do it because I was young (23) and wanted to have pictures like this to look back on when I was older.

Anyways, I did the shoot. I am 24 now, and now I feel ashamed of the pictures because i looked ugly, skinny and also, I am scared it will affect my future career prospects.

I am not Unclad, thank God - he did ask me if I wanted to pose nude, but something made me say no. But I am in my underwear, and I feel ashamed because I looked ugly, skinny and also, I am scared it will affect my future career prospects - I plan to become very famous and successful in future, as a professional.

You always hear of these scandals of peoples nude photographs resurfacing.

I kindly went back to the photographer, and he refused to delete them as he said it is his via copyright, but he did say he "gives me his word" that he will not publish them as it could harm his business etc.

What do I do?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    no-one will care unless you care.

If anyone finds out, you say, 'So? I got offered money to do a shoot, so I tried it. So what?'

ReputationRep:
    Put your faith in him and get on with your life. There's not anything else you can do.

ReputationRep:
    Take it as a life lesson and move on. If he says he won't delete them, keep the messages just in case they do resurface. But take time to consider decisions before you make them in future.

ReputationRep:
    Just do some attractive photoshoots of you with good makeup and hair styling posing in swimwear.
    That way there will be plenty of photos of you looking good in bikinis and swimming costumes.

Every successful professional model has a few bad photos.
    Don't worry.

(Original post by francessca10001)
    I did a boudoir photoshoot which was basically posing seductively in my underwear on a bed.

I wanted to do it because I was young (23) and wanted to have pictures like this to look back on when I was older.

Anyways, I did the shoot. I am 24 now, and now I feel ashamed of the pictures because i looked ugly, skinny and also, I am scared it will affect my future career prospects.

I am not Unclad, thank God - he did ask me if I wanted to pose nude, but something made me say no. But I am in my underwear, and I feel ashamed because I looked ugly, skinny and also, I am scared it will affect my future career prospects - I plan to become very famous and successful in future, as a professional.

I kindly went back to the photographer, and he refused to delete them as he said it is his via copyright, but he did say he "gives me his word" that he will not publish them as it could harm his business etc.

What do I do?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I am scared it will affect my future career prospects - I plan to become very famous and successful in future, as a professional.

Do you? I'm not sure I have!

And when you hear of these "scandals", do you also hear that reputations are tarnished and careers are ruined, or do you hear that no-one is really bothered?

Anyway, even if you don't like them at the moment because your attitude toward the pictures has changed, you've still got the photographs to look back on, and at some point you'll probably find that your attitude toward them will change again.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt you look bad but then maybe people will see your glow up then? every model has a photoshoot that they regret, it's okay honestly. trust that he'll keep his word like the other posters have said but also keep the messages jic

ReputationRep:
    These 'scandals of people's nudes resurfacing' are usually private sex tapes done with vengeful exes. By the sounds of it, you've had semi-tasteful professional photos done, which is standard fare for basically any aspiring model. There is no risk to your career prospects unless there's also a video of you sucking off the photographer somewhere. Even then, if they were released you'd likely be seen as a victim rather than anything else.

TL;DR there is literally no possible 'scandal' here. You didn't even show a nip, what can people go mad about?

ReputationRep:
    Literally no-one will care.

What do you plan on doing "to become very famous and successful in future, as a professional"?

How much did you get paid for that? Serious question op

ReputationRep:
    you will never be famous

ReputationRep:
    The nudity envelope has been pushed. It’s no longer scandalous to have nudes leak, if anything its trendy and will help your career, congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Right Imma need a description of what this fella looks like. To make a guess on whether he means what he says......

ReputationRep:

What do I do?

Thanks.
    Good luck being famous when you're already 24 and havent even started anything

ReputationRep:
    I've done the same, as a male. You just have to get on with life. The fact its only in underwear means you're okay. I had to request the social media pages that used my photos delete them because I was going into teaching but for the most part it doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think this will have any repercussions for you of any import; unlike those who grotesquely wrestle naked and simulate sexual poses whilst a crowd roars on. Videos of this, available on social media, will come back to haunt the participants, especially those who are members of the University staff.

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry its not like you did a sex tape, just keep moving on with your life and dont forget to be awesome!

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys xx i hate the fact how he made me feel i wanted to do a boudoir but it was a bit more seedy and glamour modeling i dont like how he was telling me to open my legs a bit more images are something like this only im no way as beautiful as this person, im a lot more skinny and ugly and the pics dont look this glam

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys xx i hate the fact how he made me feel i wanted to do a boudoir but it was a bit more seedy and glamour modeling i dont like how he was telling me to open my legs a bit more images are something like this only im no way as beautiful as this person, im a lot more skinny and ugly and the pics dont look this glam
    Obviously that is a glamour image or at the very least the furthest end of fashion modeling, Glamour is still not easy to get into but I can guarantee you that most fashion models have done artistic nudity so its not unusual. Being skinny is not a bad thing if you want to be a fashion model, it is NOT easy however and you definitely wont get rich from it unless you become the new look like Agyness, Cindy Crawford, Twiggy, or Naomi. Assess your face in the mirror, do you have cheekbones? Are your eyes wide apart or close together? Can you walk? The less said about that whole 'smize' crap-that Tyra likes to say is the key to success-the better.

All models have some bad pics, check out Kate Moss and the cocaine scandal. Sadly the industry has become what it used to be, which is girls from very well to do families becoming the next big thing due to popular influence.

The main tips I'd say if you were actively looking for a career as a model is to be wary of an agency if they ask for money up front (none do this ever). The further down south you go the more money you will get for jobs but the harder it is to actually get into the industry. depending on your look it may mean a lot of traveling, I have modeled in the US, Romania, Italy, France, Spain, Germany and the UK but now no longer do it because the look changed and I was no longer it. If serious about it be prepared for some hardship cos like I said it aint easy.

A great example is Jodie Kidd she was a very successful model but now owns and runs a pub, its not a forever thing but can help you into other things. Youre height is important if you want to do fashion btw 5'7+ is the accepted standard but not so important if you want to be a commercial or catalogue model and in my experience if you can do catalogue you can make an insane amount of money.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.