Is reverse racism real? Watch

Rylee98
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I’m saying this as a white person who would like to think I’m not racist.

I genuinely feel as though the idea of reverse racism is dismissed as racism itself whenever it’s bought up. But i think the divide between races is still very real and aggressive. I just think I can’t say anything to do with skin colour without being classed as a racist, but other races can say whatever they want towards white people because we’re white.

Of course we are in no way the victims of racism, our history is gross, terrible and dark. But our ancestors mistakes shouldn’t still identify us. Yet it still continues to be used against us, our points constantly devalued, we don’t get to have an opinion because we’re white. If a white person led a black lives matter protest, they would face more hate than if they led a all lives matter protest. Isn’t that stupid? We will never get anywhere if we don’t work together to stop aggressive racism problems such as black people being killed by white cops.
tamilk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Reverse racism doesn't exist but racism does. If you discriminate a white person just because they're white, that's racism. Simple as.

I couldn't be bothered to read your long af passage btw cuz the issue isn't complicated

Racism is by definition, discriminating against someone because of their race. And Caucasian is a race.
math42
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Racism against white people is very much real. You can bring up history as much as you want, but imo there is no moral distinction between discriminating against someone because they're white and discriminating against someone because they're black, or Asian, or whatever. Alll are wrong.
Sigurd00
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rylee98)
So I’m saying this as a white person who would like to think I’m not racist.

I genuinely feel as though the idea of reverse racism is dismissed as racism itself whenever it’s bought up. But i think the divide between races is still very real and aggressive. I just think I can’t say anything to do with skin colour without being classed as a racist, but other races can say whatever they want towards white people because we’re white.

Of course we are in no way the victims of racism, our history is gross, terrible and dark. But our ancestors mistakes shouldn’t still identify us. Yet it still continues to be used against us, our points constantly devalued, we don’t get to have an opinion because we’re white. If a white person led a black lives matter protest, they would face more hate than if they led a all lives matter protest. Isn’t that stupid? We will never get anywhere if we don’t work together to stop aggressive racism problems such as black people being killed by white cops.
“Reverse racism” is just racism, it doesn’t even need to be a thing, just call it what it is which is just racism...
username4150124
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m black and reverse racism isn‘t a thing. its just called racism, anyone can be racist. Racism is dumb asf.
Just my opinion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This thread is restoring my faith in TSR. 😊
bfm.mcdermott
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, but it’s just called racism.

Of course, discrimination against Caucasian people is less common than discrimination against other races, but it still exists.
randomsheep11
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's just racism, and yes minorities can be racist too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (86)
67.72%
No I haven't decided yet (25)
19.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
12.6%

Watched Threads