The Student Room Group

Rape and Abortion

I am in the middle ground when it comes to pro life and pro choice.

Still, why do people base their pro choice argument based on very rare extreme cases and ignore cases concerning the majority....you know the majority of people choosing to kill to ignore their stupdity whether it be due to lack of care of protection or not etc...

I understand there are other cases which abortion should be allowed like incest but why do we want to not regulate abortion at all?
Original post by Dragon5555
I am in the middle ground when it comes to pro life and pro choice.

Still, why do people base their pro choice argument based on very rare extreme cases and ignore cases concerning the majority....you know the majority of people choosing to kill to ignore their stupdity whether it be due to lack of care of protection or not etc...

I understand there are other cases which abortion should be allowed like incest but why do we want to not regulate abortion at all?

If you really have aspirations to become a lawyer, then you are going to have to improve the quality of your arguments.

People dont say "why do we want to not regulate abortion at all?".
Pro choice are ok with regulation and the law as it currently stands.
Original post by 999tigger
If you really have aspirations to become a lawyer, then you are going to have to improve the quality of your arguments.

People dont say "why do we want to not regulate abortion at all?".
Pro choice are ok with regulation and the law as it currently stands.

I agree my way of arguing can be very poor. Pro choice tend to sometimes argue women should be given unlimited rights. I mean the extremists.
Regulating abortion doesn't mean that less women will be having abortions. It means that more women will be able to have an abortion in a clean, sterile environment and be supported by a healthcare professional, which is much better than the alternative. Berating women for wanting an abortion simply because they've accidentally gotten pregnant just doesn't wash with me.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
if you look at the stats, most people in the UK fall somewhere between pro-life and pro-choice (if there is such a thing). meaning they are okay with abortion is some circumstances and are not in favour of using abortion as birth control. actually, few pro-choicers are so radical that they believe abortion is an unlimited right.

so why is that? i don't know. maybe because people know in a perfect world women wouldn't need abortions. it's not an ideal solution, but imho abortion is better than bringing a child into the world that no one wants and can't afford. still it seems morally wrong and irresponsible of a person if abortion became a lifestyle choice.
You again.
Original post by Pantera Fan Club
You again.

I really really hope his little brother is using his TSR account right now.
Abortion is not a good choice and also it’s not a legal but in some case like if a pregnant lady is not capable to carry it because she has some financial or physical or mental issue then it can be done. If you don’t want to carry a pregnancy, then I must suggest going for home abortion method; its easy and safe abortion method without any side effect or surgical abortion procedure. Buy Abortion Pill online to self-terminate a pregnancy at home till 9 weeks.
Reply 8
Original post by Annabelle Walker
Abortion is not a good choice and also it’s not a legal but in some case like if a pregnant lady is not capable to carry it because she has some financial or physical or mental issue then it can be done. If you don’t want to carry a pregnancy, then I must suggest going for home abortion method; its easy and safe abortion method without any side effect or surgical abortion procedure. Buy Abortion Pill online to self-terminate a pregnancy at home till 9 weeks.

That is such dangerous advice. You have no guarantee that the medication is what you think it is. Or any support or counselling about your choice.

Abortion pills are provided by doctors on the NHS. They are safe, you know what you're getting and you can generally be sure that you are in safe hands. Most abortion providers will then offer a long term, reversible contraceptive like the implant or the IUD
I'm pro-choice.
But I've never met a single person who gets involved on either side of the abortion argument and takes a moderate stance or is remotely tolerant of the opposite viewpoint.

Either its 1) free abortion on demand with no questions and minimal forms is an unassailable right for every woman.
Or else 2) the religious absolutist- no abortion ever, evil to think of it.

A startling dichotomy.
My father subscribes to no 1, mother no 2.
She knows to keep very quiet or risk being screamed at by almost everyone she knows.

Original post by Joleee
if you look at the stats, most people in the UK fall somewhere between pro-life and pro-choice (if there is such a thing). meaning they are okay with abortion is some circumstances and are not in favour of using abortion as birth control. actually, few pro-choicers are so radical that they believe abortion is an unlimited right.

so why is that? i don't know. maybe because people know in a perfect world women wouldn't need abortions. it's not an ideal solution, but imho abortion is better than bringing a child into the world that no one wants and can't afford. still it seems morally wrong and irresponsible of a person if abortion became a lifestyle choice.
Original post by Annabelle Walker

It’s not for you or anyone else to state that abortion is not a good choice. There is no need for a woman who chooses abortion to go through it alone and without appropriate counselling and support. How would she know that what she is buying online is the genuine abortion pill? I really do hope that you are not dishing your advice to any young woman facing this dilemma.
Original post by Seamus123
It’s not for you or anyone else to state that abortion is not a good choice. There is no need for a woman who chooses abortion to go through it alone and without appropriate counselling and support. How would she know that what she is buying online is the genuine abortion pill? I really do hope that you are not dishing your advice to any young woman facing this dilemma.

Actually, it is. Abortion is a moral issue, because if pro-lifers are correct then abortion is the killing if an unborn baby and not simply (a part of a woman's body) must be treated as such. Whereas if abortion is simply the removal of a part of a woman's body and totally her choice, it still is a topic where everyone should be allowed to discuss their opinions because freedom of speech and freedom of belief and religion
Because they want to try and morally justify the murder of a innocent human life, its extremely sickening how many people are actually pro murder.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending