The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Pencil Queen
pop into staples and use their photocopier to reduce it from A3 size to A4

The reduction works out at around 71% of the original sheet

(210mm/297mm=0.707, 297mm/420mm=0.707)

Alternatively when you print out from your computer use the option (if you have it) to print 2 sides to a page - that will automatically do the reduction for you.

So they are reducing it to A4? Thats the final size right?
Reply 2
so i print in in word and set the settings to: 2 pages per sheet? i
Reply 3
TheWolf - I've just done as PQ suggested - and printed it in the '2 pages per sheet' option - and it does show it at a reduced size. Unfortunately, it has messed the spacing between the letters, but I guess that doesn't matter since it's just showing you what it looks like on a reduced size.
Reply 4
LS.
TheWolf - I've just done as PQ suggested - and printed it in the '2 pages per sheet' option - and it does show it at a reduced size. Unfortunately, it has messed the spacing between the letters, but I guess that doesn't matter since it's just showing you what it looks like on a reduced size.

i tried teh 2 pages per sheet thing - and even with font 12 TNR its really tiny!
Reply 5
LS.

2 pages per sheet is wrong - it has been reduced too much.
TheWolf
2 pages per sheet is wrong - it has been reduced too much.

I don't understand her reasoning. She says that the reduction is to 71% of original size, yet 2 pages per page instead of the standard one implies that the reduction is to 50% of original size.
Reply 7
Invisible
I don't understand her reasoning. She says that the reduction is to 71% of original size, yet 2 pages per page instead of the standard one implies that the reduction is to 50% of original size.

No, because if you take the measurements of each page (as Pencil Queen pointed out) an A4 sheet is roughly 71% of an A3 sheet.

Pencil Queen
210mm/297mm=0.707, 297mm/420mm=0.707

Latest

Trending

Trending