The Student Room Group

Looking to do Law at University but could not get work experience

I am looking to do Law at university and I am soon to do some work experience. I wasn't able to find work experience in the legal area so I was considering just going to some open court hearings. Whilst applying for Uni is work experience that important? Are there other things I could do instead to show my interest in the field?
Original post by Sockxe
I am looking to do Law at university and I am soon to do some work experience. I wasn't able to find work experience in the legal area so I was considering just going to some open court hearings. Whilst applying for Uni is work experience that important? Are there other things I could do instead to show my interest in the field?

Undergraduate law degrees aren't vocational courses so you don't need work experience to apply. Unis understand the difficulty of getting legal work experience, so you can do other things to show your interest. Going to open court hearings is a great idea. You can also read academic books about law, go to open lectures near you, go to any events for prospective lawyers near you, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending