The Student Room Group

Leg day- is this enough?!

To get sufficient gains
I train them two times a week one for Hamstring, one for squads

HAMSTRING DAY - 4 exercises, 4 sects each.
- Deadlifts (w/kettle bells and stools)
- Single leg deadlift (w/kettle bells)
- Glute bridges (w/ ball weight atm)
- Goblet squat (w/ stools and kettle bells)

QUAD DAY- 5 exercises, 4 sects each.
- Leg press
- Smith machine single leg press
- Leg extension
- Smith machine sumo squats
- Step ups.
Plenty! Increase weight and or reps/sets week to week and you'll know you're improving.

If you can squat then squat because it's hands down the best exercise for leg development.
What the **** are "sufficient gains"? It's a bit vague.

Also, what are squads? I am not familiar with this anatomical phrase.
Reply 3
Original post by Sulfolobus
What the **** are "sufficient gains"? It's a bit vague.

Also, what are squads? I am not familiar with this anatomical phrase.

.....? is this a jok Lollll quads. common man.
Reply 4
[QUOTE="NatMaths95;78793112"]Plenty! Increase weight and or reps/sets week to week and you'll know you're improving.

If you can squat then squat because it's hands down the best exercise for leg development.[/QUOTE
what happens if you find your not improving on a certain exercise e.g. on leg extension i cant get high than 8 reps and its been like that for weeks. :/
[QUOTE="BitMel;78793154"]
Original post by NatMaths95
Plenty! Increase weight and or reps/sets week to week and you'll know you're improving.

If you can squat then squat because it's hands down the best exercise for leg development.[/QUOTE
what happens if you find your not improving on a certain exercise e.g. on leg extension i cant get high than 8 reps and its been like that for weeks. :/

Straight off the bat I'd say its a mental block. You can get more than 8 if you believe you can. I compete in powerlifting and the hardest part for me is believing when I put 200kg+ on my back il be able to stand back up with it, but supportive people around you it's easy.

Other than that you can change it up, so increase weight and just hit 6 reps, then go back a couple weeks later and try getting what you were doing before for 8+.
please ditch the smith machine
Reply 7
[QUOTE="NatMaths95;78793202"]
Original post by BitMel

Straight off the bat I'd say its a mental block. You can get more than 8 if you believe you can. I compete in powerlifting and the hardest part for me is believing when I put 200kg+ on my back il be able to stand back up with it, but supportive people around you it's easy.

Other than that you can change it up, so increase weight and just hit 6 reps, then go back a couple weeks later and try getting what you were doing before for 8+.

that's very helpful thanks and ive tried carrying on before but then start going into half reps cuz it's too hard.
[QUOTE="BitMel;78793230"]
Original post by NatMaths95

that's very helpful thanks and ive tried carrying on before but then start going into half reps cuz it's too hard.

You could also use dropsets,so just decrease the weight and carry on when your form starts to breakdown.
Reply 9
[QUOTE="NatMaths95;78793258"]
Original post by BitMel

You could also use dropsets,so just decrease the weight and carry on when your form starts to breakdown.

oh thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest