Report 8 months ago
My name is peter zacharia from Tanzania I need to study diploma in medicine
El_1999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by luqman12673863)
Congratulations any tips on how to get an A in chemistry x I seem to be underachieving
Just TONS of past papers -_-
jamilian
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
if you are currently (2018) in grade 12, why don't you apply for med schools in 2019?
Icykitten
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hey guys, I was thinking of just doing UKCAT and not BMAT as well. Will this limit me that much?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Hussein2
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Anyone applying for medicine next year in Oxford or Cambridge?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by chstudent1)
...Does anybody know if some med schools are still accepting applicants?
The private medical schools may be. Alternatively you may want to try your luck after Results Day next year (mid August 2019) depending on if any medical schools will offer clearing (St Georges probably will).
chstudent1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I just saw that I've posted this in the wrong thread, but I will look into those options thanks!
Hussein2
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I am doing my GCSEs now and I'll start my A-levels next year. I didn't do that much yet, I only did volunteering in the hospital and some shadowing doctors. So I'll do my UKcat next year and I have done my personal statement. I have to update my personal statement next year.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Hussein2)
I am doing my GCSEs now and I'll start my A-levels next year. I didn't do that much yet, I only did volunteering in the hospital and some shadowing doctors. So I'll do my UKcat next year and I have done my personal statement. I have to update my personal statement next year.
Do your UKCAT in Summer 2019 for September / October 2020 entry.

I take it you are going for 2021 entry (Year 11 2018/19, Year 12 2019/20, Year 13 2020/21) so there's no need to do your UKCAT next year.
nandi2321
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Ali$hah)
it sucks that im in Scotland and I don't really get the year 12 stuff but the timeline you made is really helpful and its accurate too.. thank you so much
Same here - but the timeline is still great!
The Memory Cell
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi, so I've recieved 3 interviews and have 1 left. I was just wondering if I am able to defer my offer for 2020 entry? Should I defer, I will use the year to undergo a surgical procedure that has a recovery time of 3 months to 1 year. Is that a good enough reason? If so, how would I request for it to be done?
shreya kc
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Icykitten)
Hey guys, I was thinking of just doing UKCAT and not BMAT as well. Will this limit me that much?
No
Icykitten
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by shreya kc)
No
Thanks
curiousnotgeorge
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by The Memory Cell)
Hi, so I've recieved 3 interviews and have 1 left. I was just wondering if I am able to defer my offer for 2020 entry? Should I defer, I will use the year to undergo a surgical procedure that has a recovery time of 3 months to 1 year. Is that a good enough reason? If so, how would I request for it to be done?
Speak with admissions, at this point a deferral (if possible, however a few schools do not take deferred applications) should be fine. I plan to be operated on by early July which gives me 3 months by the time the course starts in October, subsequent ops during holidays so the worst is over before term starts. There is no good time, especially if you have a series of ops that will take more than a year. I say to myself that people have babies at various points over the next 10 years, which must be much more demanding...
The Memory Cell
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by curiousnotgeorge)
Speak with admissions, at this point a deferral (if possible, however a few schools do not take deferred applications) should be fine. I plan to be operated on by early July which gives me 3 months by the time the course starts in October, subsequent ops during holidays so the worst is over before term starts. There is no good time, especially if you have a series of ops that will take more than a year. I say to myself that people have babies at various points over the next 10 years, which must be much more demanding...
Hey man, thanks for replying. I emailed my universities and they said they will defer at request. Just waiting on the others.
nandi2321
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
If you're applying to universities in Scotland then no. If you're applying to England unis then you won't be able to apply for Imperial, Cambridge, Oxford, UCL, Leeds, Brighton or Lancaster, and there may be others that need it.
Icykitten
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by nandi2321)
If you're applying to universities in Scotland then no. If you're applying to England unis then you won't be able to apply for Imperial, Cambridge, Oxford, UCL, Leeds, Brighton or Lancaster, and there may be others that need it.
The only uni I was thinking about out of the BMAT unis was Brighton and all the others im thinking are UKCAT so I just don’t think there is much point in me taking the BMAT for the sake of one uni, what do you think?
The Memory Cell
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
The only uni I was thinking about out of the BMAT unis was Brighton and all the others im thinking are UKCAT so I just don’t think there is much point in me taking the BMAT for the sake of one uni, what do you think?
this deters many people from doing the bmat. I did the bmat for one uni (imperial) but that was my dream uni beside Cambridge (didn't like the teaching style, thus didn't apply). Tbh it's your choice but I would say unless you really wanna go to BSMS or flop your ukcat don't do the bmat. You fall very behind on school work too. BSMS is a safe option for many people that don't do very well on the UKCAT but providing you have a decent score in the UKCAT (atleast about 660), you can almost guarantee yourself 4 interviews from UKCAT unis.
The Memory Cell
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by The Memory Cell)
this deters many people from doing the bmat. I did the bmat for one uni (imperial) but that was my dream uni beside Cambridge (didn't like the teaching style, thus didn't apply). Tbh it's your choice but I would say unless you really wanna go to BSMS or flop your ukcat don't do the bmat. You fall very behind on school work too. BSMS is a safe option for many people that don't do very well on the UKCAT but providing you have a decent score in the UKCAT (atleast about 660), you can almost guarantee yourself 4 interviews from UKCAT unis.
I'd also like to add that I did the bmat knowing id get 3 interviews atleast. my ukcat was 665
bfm.mcdermott
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I'm probably going to apply to:

Oxford (BMAT)
Exeter (UKCAT)
Birmingham (UKCAT)
Imperial (BMAT)

//Also considering Bristol (UKCAT) instead of Imperial\\

So I'm planning to do both the BMAT and the UKCAT.

Do you think that will negatively impact my A-Level studies?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%