The Student Room Group

Civil Service Summer Diversity Internship Programme 2018/19

12/10/2018: THIS IS THE THREAD FOR THE CIVIL SERVICE SUMMER DIVERSITY INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME 2019. PLEASE POST ALL QUESTIONS HERE. FOR THE FAST STREAM 2018/19 THREAD, PLEASE GO HERE.

GOOD LUCK!

- AIRMED

I am currently undertaking my masters which I would complete in 2019 due to some exceptional circumstances. I was thinking of applying to both the fast stream and the SDIP. I’m aware applications open around September/October. How would I get notified? Any tips will be greatly appreciated!!!
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm hoping to apply for the fast stream or SDIP for next year. I know the process opens sometime in August September. Does anyone know the exact date and what are you guys doing to prepare for the tests?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
I'm in a similar situation though my masters starts in september. There isn't a lot of information out there when the next fast stream applications open.
Reply 3
Hi guys,The next application opens on September 20th 2018. I recently went to a fast stream assessment centre event and was told.
Reply 4
Original post by SKA94
Hi guys,The next application opens on September 20th 2018. I recently went to a fast stream assessment centre event and was told.

Thanks for this, i'm nervous as hell for the application as basically my entire future plan hinges on being part of the 2% (?) of applicants who are sucessfull
I am on the same boat! and thanks for the date! Hope we get all there too !
Reply 6
Original post by ch.ris.tin.e
I am on the same boat! and thanks for the date! Hope we get all there too !

Same good luck to everybody!
Are you heading from undergraduate study or postgrad?
(edited 5 years ago)
According to the Civil Service website the opening is 20th September. They are operating an email sign up where they contact you early so you can start as soon as they open. What schemes are you interested in applying for?
I'm heading from 6 years in the education sector. How is everybody preparing for the situation judgement tests?
Reply 9
Original post by WanderingRanger
According to the Civil Service website the opening is 20th September. They are operating an email sign up where they contact you early so you can start as soon as they open. What schemes are you interested in applying for?

I'd like to apply for the civil service fast stream as a first choice, but I will also apply for the SDIP, I read nsomwhere you can apply for up 4 places. What are you doing to prepare?
Reply 10
Thank you!!!!(Original post by SKA94)Hi guys,The next application opens on September 20th 2018. I recently went to a fast stream assessment centre event and was told.
Reply 11
Any feee situational judgement tests you’re practicing with?
Reply 12
Original post by WanderingRanger

I'd like to apply for the civil service fast stream as a first choice, but I will also apply for the SDIP, I read nsomwhere you can apply for up 4 places. What are you doing to prepare?
Completed the online tests, now the wait begins. Applied last year and got a place but declined for something else, so applying again. They took a couple of months to publish test results last time.
Got through to the video interview earlier today. Leaving it until tomorrow or Monday so I have time to prepare!
Original post by sweetshops
Got through to the video interview earlier today. Leaving it until tomorrow or Monday so I have time to prepare!

How long did it take for your etray results to come in? Did mine this evening and waiting for results
(Original post by Anisablue)How long did it take for your etray results to come in? Did mine this evening and waiting for results

I did it in the evening and by the morning it had unlocked the video interview. Good luck!!
Did anyone find the etray exercise quite difficult in terms of the time constraint? I didnt get to finish all the emails
Just did my video interview! There was 8 questions, competency based mostly, so prepare for that if you can! I tried to summarise my work, study and persoanl life experience in my head as preparation so I could draw on them for examples, and think that worked quite well.
Original post by Exceptional
Completed the online tests, now the wait begins. Applied last year and got a place but declined for something else, so applying again. They took a couple of months to publish test results last time.

What was the assessment centre like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending