Civil Service Summer Diversity Internship Programme 2018/19 Watch

han55
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by H_Ax123)
how long do they take to tell you whether you've passed the tests?
Done mine a month ago and still haven't heard anything!
Adadapadada
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Airmed)
There is already a dedicated thread for the Civil Service Fast Stream 2018/19. I would suggest if you are looking to apply for that to go over there.

If you are looking to apply to the SDIP, please tag me! I did the SDIP in 2017 and I am now on the Fast Stream as a Generalist.
Hey there, I just got my results back and I’ve passed the situational test. I now have 7 days to do the written part which requires me to open a document and write written answers. I haven’t opened the document yet, is it timed or can you keep opening it as much as you like within the 7 day period? Also how much should you be writing for each question? It says there may be a numerical test as well.
han55
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I failed. Oh well.
DeepMeaning
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by han55)
I failed. Oh well.
Same here...
han55
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by DeepMeaning)
Same here...
At least we're not alone
sianabananas
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Adadapadada)
Hey there, I just got my results back and I’ve passed the situational test. I now have 7 days to do the written part which requires me to open a document and write written answers. I haven’t opened the document yet, is it timed or can you keep opening it as much as you like within the 7 day period? Also how much should you be writing for each question? It says there may be a numerical test as well.
I passed as well and I have opened the document and it is a series of questions very similar to an application form for a job, it's given guidance of 250 words per question maximum, it seems the 7 day deadline is from when you've received the email and I think that's how long we have to complete the document
10jero
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
With the next part you fill out about nationality and education, where it says you hold an 'undergraduate degree (or expect to have)', thats meaning if you have either graduated or are due to graduate in 2019 right? Not if Im a second year applying?
ReeceM1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Does anybody know the earliest start date for the SDIP internships? I'm looking to apply for other opportunities which won't overlap.
Exceptional
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by ReeceM1)
Does anybody know the earliest start date for the SDIP internships? I'm looking to apply for other opportunities which won't overlap.
Not sure if this is the earliest but the last intake start date was mid-July
Meeravai
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
There is already a dedicated thread for the Civil Service Fast Stream 2018/19. I would suggest if you are looking to apply for that to go over there.

If you are looking to apply to the SDIP, please tag me! I did the SDIP in 2017 and I am now on the Fast Stream as a Generalist.
Hi, do you know if I'm eligible for the SDIP i have a few years of work ex? I worked for 2 years after my undergrad to pay for my postgrad - does that disqualify me?Please let me know -I'm halfway through my scheme questions that I need to submit today!
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Meeravai)
Hi, do you know if I'm eligible for the SDIP i have a few years of work ex? I worked for 2 years after my undergrad to pay for my postgrad - does that disqualify me?Please let me know -I'm halfway through my scheme questions that I need to submit today!
are you currently in your postgrad?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Meeravai)
unfortunately from how I'm reading the eligibility, I don't think you are, but I would seriously suggest contacting them on Facebook
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Meeravai
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
are you currently in your postgrad?
Yes I'm in my final year of my post-grad.

I've written to them, and I'm waiting to hear back :| Thanks though!
sianabananas
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I have submitted the 'extra information' following the online tests, does anyone know how long until we find out if we've got through to interview?
(also good luck everyone!!)
conorjpd1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi everyone, I passed the situational tests and I've recently submitted the questions. Good luck to everyone
stulfc
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Does anynone know competitive is the SDIP like any stats?

I'm onto the section for extra info and is this part rigorously assessed, I really hope to make it to the phone interview.

I applied for the fast stream, got to the VI stage and passed it only to find out I had failed the fast stream schemes at e tray stage so it was pointless for me to do the VI. Kinda gutted because I spent so much time preparing for it.
Edminzodo
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Exceptional)
Completed the online tests, now the wait begins. Applied last year and got a place but declined for something else, so applying again. They took a couple of months to publish test results last time.
I'm in exactly the same boat - best of luck! What department were you offered last time?
Exceptional
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Edminzodo)
I'm in exactly the same boat - best of luck! What department were you offered last time?
Good luck to you too. I was offered Government Office for Science last time. What about you? What did you decline it for?
Candi19
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by stulfc)
Does anynone know competitive is the SDIP like any stats?

I'm onto the section for extra info and is this part rigorously assessed, I really hope to make it to the phone interview.

I applied for the fast stream, got to the VI stage and passed it only to find out I had failed the fast stream schemes at e tray stage so it was pointless for me to do the VI. Kinda gutted because I spent so much time preparing for it.
Samesies! But at least it's good practise!
Out of curiosity, after completing sdip (granting I get in 😅) will you have to wait a full year to go on the fast stream? Or is there a separate intake?
stulfc
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Candi19)
Samesies! But at least it's good practise!
Out of curiosity, after completing sdip (granting I get in 😅) will you have to wait a full year to go on the fast stream? Or is there a separate intake?
Well you get the fast pass to the AC unless one of your schemes requires a maths test. So assuming the internship takes place between July to end of August then the fast pass will be valid for September 2020 intake.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (51)
22.27%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (78)
34.06%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (48)
20.96%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (20)
8.73%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
13.97%

Watched Threads