Turn on thread page Beta

Civil Service Summer Diversity Internship Programme 2018/19 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stulfc)
    Well you get the fast pass to the AC unless one of your schemes requires a maths test. So assuming the internship takes place between July to end of August then the fast pass will be valid for September 2020 intake.
    That's what I thought! Wonder if they offer you alternative work during the year for those that have graduated, or if you just look elsewhere completely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Candi19)
    That's what I thought! Wonder if they offer you alternative work during the year for those that have graduated, or if you just look elsewhere completely
    Haha, honestly, I was thinking the same. That would be great.

First I need to get on this internship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReeceM1)
    Does anybody know the earliest start date for the SDIP internships? I'm looking to apply for other opportunities which won't overlap.
    Probably not much help for organising other work, but this year some of us started mid-end June and others were as late as August.

ReputationRep:
    Just submitted my additional info after failing at VI for two fast streams. Anyone heard any info about SDIP? Do we have any idea of time frames or the next steps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rsherbats)
    Just submitted my additional info after failing at VI for two fast streams. Anyone heard any info about SDIP? Do we have any idea of time frames or the next steps?
    Probably January before you hear back with results of submitting additional info. Telelphone interviews not long after that. This was the pace last year.

ReputationRep:
    ... and now we wait
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Well I know I I am not the only one then time to study for telephone interview good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amanda.davisja)
    Well I know I I am not the only one then time to study for telephone interview good luck everyone
    You've been invited to the telephone interview?

ReputationRep:
    So upon checking my portal every 2-3 days I realised a mistake. I did the answers all in microsoft word with grammar perfectly fine until I copied and pasted into the template, now as I did I forgot to put a space between two words which meant internshipprogramme ended being written as one word. Can't stop thinking about it.

I just hope this error isn't too costly but the stiff competition means my chances are less.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Does anyone know how long after submitting the extra information and the results we have to wait?

ReputationRep:
    Just submitted my extra info - now the wait begins to hear back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stulfc)
    So upon checking my portal every 2-3 days I realised a mistake. I did the answers all in microsoft word with grammar perfectly fine until I copied and pasted into the template, now as I did I forgot to put a space between two words which meant internshipprogramme ended being written as one word. Can't stop thinking about it.

I just hope this error isn't too costly but the stiff competition means my chances are less.
    ah I hear ya! I realised I had a grammatical errors in one of my responses as well 🤦 but stress can do nothing for us now! I doubt we'll hear anything back until after Xmas. Good luck everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what they mean by 'potential challenges' in the additional questions stage? Is it the tangible problems or do they mean challenges the same as goals? Pls Help >.<

ReputationRep:
    assuming no one's heard back yet??

ReputationRep:
    struggling on the same bit! Did you manage to work out what exactly they meant?

(Original post by Cauliiflour)
    Does anyone know what they mean by 'potential challenges' in the additional questions stage? Is it the tangible problems or do they mean challenges the same as goals? Pls Help >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Candi19)
    assuming no one's heard back yet??
    Nope

Tempted to ask Parity but feel I may aswell keep waiting.

ReputationRep:
    I asked them today - they said we'll hear back in January

ReputationRep:
    I got an email from them today, unfortunately I am unsuccessful so those who haven't heard back yet you could have gotten through!

ReputationRep:
    oh sorry you didn't get through but at least you can focus on other opportunities now!! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tseNI)
    I got an email from them today, unfortunately I am unsuccessful so those who haven't heard back yet you could have gotten through!
    I am sorry to hear you didnt get through, if you don't mind answering, when did you submit the additonal questions?

Best wishes for other applications/internships.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.