The Student Room Group

Civil Service Summer Diversity Internship Programme 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stulfc
Has anyone found out this week they've been shortlisted?

Still not heard anything, I wish they'd just send all the emails out at the same time
I just had my interview! Went okay, was only 40 mins (don't know if that's good or bad). They asked mainly about the competencies, like give examples of when you have done xyz...

Good luck!
Reply 142
I received my offer for an interivew, however have already accepted an internship elsewhere (a better opportunity in the private sector this year that I wouldnt be able to get again). However, does anyone know if I withdraw my application for the SDIP if I can reapply next year?
Original post by 10jero
I received my offer for an interivew, however have already accepted an internship elsewhere (a better opportunity in the private sector this year that I wouldnt be able to get again). However, does anyone know if I withdraw my application for the SDIP if I can reapply next year?

congrats on being so in demand! it's good to know they're still giving out offers because I am still responseless 😅
I would imagine you can reapply next year, and I know for certain that you could apply for the Fast Stream.
Original post by 10jero

For sure you can reapply. There was a person earlier in the thread who mentioned getting an offer last year but had to withdraw and then applied again this year.

Providing you're in your penultimate or final year of uni
Original post by 10jero

Yes, I had an offer last year but rejected for another opportunity. Recently had my interview for the next SDIP intake.
I received my offer for an interview however, I have a holiday booked for a week during the middle of July, does anyone know the start date for the internship and if it clashes? If I tell them would it work to my detriment? Am I best just cancelling my holiday or will I be allowed some form of holiday?
Reply 147
Original post by KGNines
I received my offer for an interview however, I have a holiday booked for a week during the middle of July, does anyone know the start date for the internship and if it clashes? If I tell them would it work to my detriment? Am I best just cancelling my holiday or will I be allowed some form of holiday?

The internships tend to start at different times, and you will have a holiday entitlement which will be in your contract. I had a holiday booked at the beginning of last year and hung off until the very last minute I could before cancelling. Luckily I had just found out I had a place on the programme, and turned out I started the day after I was due to leave.
Sorry it doesn't really answer your questions but there's a lot of uncertainty in the recruitment process, the security checks and onboarding with each dept.
Reply 148
Original post by 10jero

Congratulations @10jero
Original post by Lucys21
I just had my interview! Went okay, was only 40 mins (don't know if that's good or bad). They asked mainly about the competencies, like give examples of when you have done xyz...

Good luck!

Hey! Around how many questions did they ask? One for each competency?

Good luck for the results!
Hey, is there anyone else that hasn’t heard about their telephone interview yet, i’m still waiting? Some people have had theirs already so just wondering if it was normal to wait this long? Good luck to everyone
Original post by intern1244
Hey, is there anyone else that hasn’t heard about their telephone interview yet, i’m still waiting? Some people have had theirs already so just wondering if it was normal to wait this long? Good luck to everyone

I am still waiting too, there's a few that are yet to hear back
Original post by stulfc
I am still waiting too, there's a few that are yet to hear back

okay thanks x
i hope it’s a good sign and i’ve not been waiting for a rejection this whole time haha
I'm still waiting as well! getting super nervous as time goes on 😐
Original post by anisauddin
Hey! Around how many questions did they ask? One for each competency?

Good luck for the results!

Hello, so it was 1 question for each of the 5 competencies and then there were follow up questions like what did you think could have gone better when doing this...
I think if you prepare examples for each competency you will be fine! Good luck!
Reply 155
Original post by Lucys21
Hello, so it was 1 question for each of the 5 competencies and then there were follow up questions like what did you think could have gone better when doing this...
I think if you prepare examples for each competency you will be fine! Good luck!

what were the questions like? were they similar to the ones on the personal statement?
Reply 156
I’m still waiting! Glad I’m not the only one, was starting to get worried I’d been forgotten! 😬
finally got a response and am through to the telephone interview!!!! thank goodness 💃🙌🎉
now just to get through the next part 😅 good luck everyone!!! keep letting us know how the interviews are going! x
Reply 158
just had my interview, don't think it went too well lmao
Reply 159
Original post by _saraa
just had my interview, don't think it went too well lmao

What happened? Was the interview really difficult? It probably went better than you think though, these things tend to feel more stressful than anything else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending