The Student Room Group

i didnt take A Level Maths but it's required for the University Course i want to do..

I'm an A Level student who has just finished the AS year and is beginning A2. I've had no idea about what i want to do in the future or in university but i've FINALLy found something i am actually interested in.

but the issue is that for the university course, A Level Maths is required. the course is Chemical Physics

I do Physics, Chemistry and Art & Design. when i chose my a levels, i didnt know what i wanted to do and i struggled with maths even though i ended up with a grade 7 (A) in GCSEs.
im actually devasted. can i do the course without a level maths? idk if I can just do a physics foundation course or something instead, but if that's an option then ill definitely do that

is there something that I can substitute for maths or no? if there's anyone who's going through what I am or has gone through this, then what have you done?
any suggestions are appreciated xx
hello.
for chemical physics, maths and physics and chem are required.
are you sure you want to study this? its quite a maths heavy subject (compared to some other sciences but not based on engineering or pure physics or whatever). im confused - the content requires maths, what makes u wanna study this?x
Reply 2
Original post by imadogwoofwoof
hello.
for chemical physics, maths and physics and chem are required.
are you sure you want to study this? its quite a maths heavy subject (compared to some other sciences but not based on engineering or pure physics or whatever). im confused - the content requires maths, what makes u wanna study this?x

ive been super confused as to what i wanted to do in uni. first i was thinking something art based but im not that confident with my art so continuing that would probably not end well. i really love both physics and chemistry, and i dont mind the maths that comes with it. i want to pursue something to do with physics, but literally everything requires maths :frown: even n if i dont do chemical physics, i still want to pursue something to do with physics but it all requires maths R.I.P
Original post by Choco.mii
ive been super confused as to what i wanted to do in uni. first i was thinking something art based but im not that confident with my art so continuing that would probably not end well. i really love both physics and chemistry, and i dont mind the maths that comes with it. i want to pursue something to do with physics, but literally everything requires maths :frown: even n if i dont do chemical physics, i still want to pursue something to do with physics but it all requires maths R.I.P

the only solution i could think of is doing an AS next year.
Original post by Choco.mii

Physics foundation year is probably best option, you'll get up to scratch on all the a-level maths content + slightly beyond required for physics at university (you'll also learn LOADS of new maths on a physics degree).
Original post by black1blade
Physics foundation year is probably best option, you'll get up to scratch on all the a-level maths content + slightly beyond required for physics at university (you'll also learn LOADS of new maths on a physics degree).

lol scratch my point, do this!x

Quick Reply

Latest