TeaDegree
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys, so I’m at the point in ucas that I have to give university choices and I’m stuck between lse and UCL. world ranking wise UCL is always way better than lse like it’s 10th in the world which is really impressive. lse is like way far behind. However, I’ve read online that lse is more prestigious???? I don’t get that if UCL is higher in ranking? Which one has a better reputation and is more prestigious? Plus why? Thank you x
DiscreetBinger
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Both are great uni's. It really depends on the degree. Can't go wrong with either uni.
imadogwoofwoof
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
what course are you doing
TeaDegree
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by imadogwoofwoof)
what course are you doing
I am doing law
username3492572
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
both great unis but overall ucl is better for most subjects
lse is good internationally but so is ucl so upto you x
imadogwoofwoof
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TeaDegree)
I am doing law
ive been looking for the same course at both unis
i prefer LSE. if youre looking at rankings, LSE is ranked third in the uk https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...ables/rankings
in general and for law btw.
LSE is renowned for law in the world also, UCL is strong in a long of subjects but LSE being a uni of only social sciences is limiting on league tables.

good luck x
Trust Orang
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
UCL is better for arts, and if you want to do research UCL is the superlative establishment. They have a multidisciplinary approach to many subjects, which makes UCL more similar to the American style colleges.

LSE, from what I have heard, has extraordinarily good industry links and a well recognised brand abroad. Especially in Asia for some reason.

In terms of quality, they are probably identical. In regards to graduate prospects, LSE is probably the way to go.

Having said that, you could just go on which architecture you liked best, and come out with a world class education each way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (30)
28.57%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.52%
No I am happy with my choice (59)
56.19%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
5.71%

Watched Threads